Rear view mirror & window BUSTED

SeattleReatta

My rear view mirror ran into a pole backwards. The window attached to the rear view mirror was also shattered. The the plastic was cracked, door attachment bent but repairable. The wires & motor are fine.

So,

- I need the small front window passenger side (on the door).

- The rear view mirror and plastic housing (passenger side)

Attachments not really needed. What are my best options? How many people have part cars here? I'm calling yards hopefully it won't be a big deal. Prices?

Parts #'s? Thnx.

Guest F14CRAZY

Jim Finn has 40 some parts cars in Minnesota. Send a private message to Jim and he should be able to fix you up. I've bought from him a few times (including this week) and he's excellent.

Be aware that the vent windows reached $1200 each at one time. The prices have dropped but the only source is wrecked vehicles since LOF has not produced the part for at least 7 years.

The mirrors generally run in the $200 range for a good working unit.

Although Jim did not mention it....I think he is closer to 20 cars.

Guest Greg Ross

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> My rear view mirror ran into a pole backwards. </div></div>

It did?

Welcome Seattle, this is exactly the way I discovered this website 5 of 6 years ago. You're probably fortunate, the network here is so much better now, I think I paid something like $500. for the Fixed Vent Window Assembly. The price I was quoted at that time from Speedway Automotive in Phoenix was $1500.!!!!I think you'll find a much more reasonable source via here.

Installation is something else, this Vent Window frame incorporates the side window slide track and extends all the way to the bottom of the door. I have a recollection of writing a removal and install procedure and that at the time included using plexi to fill the void ($1500. What to do???) Perhaps a search would turn up my or someone elses' disassembly routine.

Again Welcome.

Guest F14CRAZY

In the Reatta FAQ someone said they had their window replaced with plexiglas, and even had the tint matched. Would be a lot cheaper. I got a good passenger mirror from ebay for $67 a while back

A fellow by the name of William Salisbury makes the plastic replacements.

There is quite a bit of work involved, as after they are cut to size, they are undercut around the edges so they will fit properly. They are also sprayed black around the edges to look like the originals. His price was $105 each and that included adhesive and instructions. the phone number is 810-655-6113

the last email address I have is fte@usol.com