1968 Delmont to be parted out..

Guest Julian

Guest imported_Julian

Soon I will be parting out a 1968 Delmont. This car is under 100k and has a strong running 350 engine. This car runs and drives. It has the original working radio and power bench seat. This is a two door car from NJ. The front of the car is EXCELLENT (grills etc etc) IF anyone is interested in parts OR to purchase this car let me know before I turn a wrench on it..thanks. Julian.. my email addy is Olds4evr@aol.com thanks again...UPDATE.. Guys.. this car has a 12 bolt POSI REAR GEAR AND I CAN PROVIDE A COMPLETE DISC BRAKE SET UP IF IT WILL HELP MAKE A DEAL..??

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest imported_Julian

Mike.. YES I can help you out with that.. EXCEPT the rear bumper.. this one is rusted through. The interior of this car is in amazingly good condition to be as old as it is.. It is a Pearl WHite I think they call it. this car does have everything you are asking for. and I may have an NOS set of 88s.. will look and see.. It may take be a bit to round it all up for you but will start on it this week if you like.. my email address is Olds4evr@aol.com. thanks. Julian

• 4 weeks later...
Guest copper128

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike.. YES I can help you out with that.. EXCEPT the rear bumper.. this one is rusted through. The interior of this car is in amazingly good condition to be as old as it is.. It is a Pearl WHite I think they call it. thanks. Julian </div></div>

Julian, Can you get me pics of the interior? I'm particularly interested in the front seat & the door panels.

Mike, I have a rear bumper core that will need minor straightening and a rechrome. e-mail me at gfmorlock@hotmail.com for info/pics.

Glenn

• 2 weeks later...
Guest imported_Julian

The Delmont does not have disc brakes.. HOWEVER.. I DO have a 69 Delta that has a complete disc brake set up from the porporting valve and brake booster down to the spindles and rotors. The rotors does not appear to have been turned. plenty of "meat" on these.. thanks Julian

• 2 weeks later...
Guest imported_Julian

Frank.... YES... this car has front drum brakes. Email or call me and lets talk a price.. I wont hold you up .. cp..704-467-5075 or email Olds4evr@aol.com.. thanks.. Julian.. also do you think that front drums from a 69 Delta will fit as well..bolt patterns are the same.. ??

• 3 weeks later...
Guest imported_Julian

Thanks guys for the interest in the Delmont.. This car has very good interior panels, seat belts. Plus has great grill parts bezels and the like.. Also has a strong running 350 engine.. is a 2bbl but I have an aluminum Edlebrock for it if that would help make a deal..anyone interested??.. cool.gif

• 1 month later...
Guest imported_Julian

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks guys for the interest in the Delmont.. This car has very good interior panels, seat belts. Plus has great grill parts bezels and the like.. Also has a strong running 350 engine.. is a 2bbl but I have an aluminum Edlebrock for it if that would help make a deal..anyone interested??.. cool.gif </div></div>

anyone else interested in parts??..

Guest imported_Julian

Yes I do. But the rear package tray is not good.. Other interior pieces ARE goog though. thanks.. Julian

• 2 weeks later...

My Delmont sits pretty low and it only has 65,000 miles with the 350. If I replace with stock springs and shocks will this raise it enough? Also, tailights don't work. Everytime i replace the fuse it blows. Any Help?

post-45862-143137876772_thumb.jpg

They'll help, but setting low was part of the package back then. You also need a big 14" tire (225/75R14) which only a few tire companies make now. Mastercraft and Hercules come to mind.

My guess is you have a bad taillight socket that's grounding out and blowing the fuse. Those sockets were/are notorious for doing hateful crap like that. Any auto parts store should have them or be able to get them, but look for American-made ones if you can find them. Most new production is made in China and it shows.

Thanks Rocketraider. I will definitely try replacing the sockets.

As far as the sitting low, the car currently has 15 in 225/75/15 which really make it look low. I'm not into the bagged or lowered look, I like the nice level ride with some spoke wheels. Do you know of other vehicle apps that I can buy the springs? Would the Buick Riv or Olds Delta of the same year work? Thanks again.