WTB : 56 or 57 Buick

noah_fexx

i am actually in australia but i am prepared to pay for shipping. i don't really have a preference, i think all the 56 and 57's look great, however i would prefer a manual, but either would be fine. about 8 grand $US is the most i have to spend though.

Guest imported_MrEarl

Don't suppose you'd be interested in this raggedy ol 54 would ya? If so I might consider sellin her to ya. I'm kinda wantin a Wildcat convertible myself.

Ireneltwhouse.jpg

Irenelt.jpg

Guest invicta592

You're selling one of your Roadmaster??? shocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gif

Methinks you use the term raggedy a bit too loosely there MrEarl. Can't see much wrong with Irene from those photos.

Guest imported_Thriller

Are you after something roadworthy or a project? I have a '56 Special 4 door sedan that I'm not partial to, but she needs quite a bit of TLC.

A bit of info is at Derek's 1956 Special page.

I have some parts that would go with it including a good windshield.

Guest imported_Thriller

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is it running? what $$$ are you looking for? </div></div>

I parked it a couple of years back in storage to protect it from the elements. At the time, after I put a new fuel pump on it, I could get it to start, but it would rev quite high for 30-60 seconds and then die. I suspect a carb rebuild (I am pretty sure I have a kit) would help it along, but it may have more issues than that.

One of my problems is that I have a chunk more money into this car than it is worth. I'd like to get at least $1500 Cdn (current exchange rates around $1200 US) for it. Based on the price guides, it isn't worth that, but it's probably worth that and more just in parts. Of course, since I am paying for storage, it is just a money pit right now anyway.

I've been sort of looking at selling it for a few years now (half-heartedly), but haven't had any serious offers. If nobody buys it, eventually I will either restore myself or part it out.

Guest imported_Thriller

Good luck with the auction - if you haven't already, you may want to let the seller know you are also in Australia - it might save them some hassle too to not have to ship it.

i was gradually increasing my bid by $100 to see what the reserve price was. i eventually got to 7 grand and stopped and the reserve wasn't reached. i then saw the car for sale in a magazine asking for 15 grand - interesting to see if it sells, bit out of my range unfortunately.

I have just put my 56 Roadmaster 2 door hardtop (76R) up for sale this week. It is a good looking car that runs good. There is some filler in the lower body panels and I do not have carpet in it. I did just have the seats re-upholstered and the gas tank was recently professionally sealed. The car has very good chrome and stainless steel and have plenty of spare chrome for it. There would be no need for any parts to be re-chromed. I am asking for $7200 US.

Please e-mail me if you want more info or pictures. (I will attempt to attach a picture to this post).

Good luck on your search,

Duane

duane.c.gilles@delphi.com

Guest imported_MrEarl

Duane that is a gorgeous Roadmaster. Next to the 54's the 56's are my favorite. Why are you giving it away. Did you forget to put the 1 in front of the 7 in your price. Only 17 of these babies (including yours) registered with the BCA. I'd love to see more pictures just for the fun of looking. If you're serious about selling why not list it in it's own post. Let me know if you need help posting pictures. Good luck

Lamar,

I hate parting with this car, but finances and storage concerns force me to get rid of at least one car. I love tinkering with this car also, it is rather easy to work on. But it needs more attention than my 68 Wildcat, so it is first on the block. I actually plan to put a post out for it, but first wanted to run an ad in our local chapter newsletter for the guys who have helped me out the most. That ad should be out any day now, then I will proceed to this forum.

Thanks for the compliments!