Model car display case

Jay Wolf

We have an older gentleman donating a model car collection to our Library. It is 100 + cars of all scales for 2 inch to 12 inches.

Can any of you give me any idea about where to purchase a display case to house such a collection. It would need to be secure as we plan on displaying it out in a public area.

Ikea would be an inexpensive source with lots of options. Their modular systems often have optional locks for security, or could be retrofitted. I'm not sure how "secure" you'll need, and the "safety glass" most of their systems use might not be strong enough but could be replaced with plexiglass.

40034_PE133256_S2.jpg

Buying off EBay is not easy for a State Agency.

Glass would be fine , we just need to keep honest people honest.

Would like to fine a free standing large display case to house entire collection. Maybe 8-10 feet long no restriction on height.

Don't have a lot to spend need to get it for under $2K under $1K would be great.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Buying off EBay is not easy for a State Agency.

</div></div>

Ikea is an inexpensive European furniture store chain with about 25 retail outlets in the U.S. The nearest one to you is probably the Schaumburg, IL store in suburban Chicago. They also sell through their catalog (with, as I recall, very reasonable delivery charges).