R134a widely available???

Guest EDBS0

Guest EDBS0

First time in years that I have looked for 134a and am advised that in Canada it is only sold from behind the counter to licensed individuals. BUMMER!

<span style="font-style: italic">Is R134a widely available in the big parts stores in the USA? And if so approximate $ per can. </span>

Guest EDBS0

Thanks to all, especially our smart shopper.

No thanks to ebay, have lost way, way too much money there.

Robert

Guest DTerry

I bought half-dozen cans at Rural King for $3.50 each last fall.

ps. Off the subject, but I've done well on Ebay. Bought two cars (one was my Reatta) at bargain prices.

Sounds like the price has just taken a big jump - have several cans I bought for $3.50 a year ago. Last time I looked Sam's had 30 lb containers and didn't think they were very expensive just had no need.

Guest F14CRAZY

Just talk to the right person. They'll ship it.

Reminds me: real deal fireworks are illegal in Michigan, but there are several big fireworks stores just on the other side of the border with Indiana. Hmmm...

Guest EDBS0

Pennsylvania fireworks stores usually have a section that you can only get into with an out of state licence and then certify that you are shipping out of state.

If there is anyone in Chicago who can help me out with an ebay problem with Gold Star Motor Cars Inc. 908 N. Central Ave. Wood Dale, IL. 60191 Office 630-238-EBAY (3229) let me know.

Guest DTerry

I just checked the Rural King (it's a farm supply chain) web site, and the conversion kit is 39.99; 12 oz. cans of r134a are 7.99.