Don't I know you?

Shop Rat

It turns out that novaman and I were on a judging team together at the Roanoke, Va. show held in 1999. I was Team Captain and he judged chassis. When we talked at the judging school held this year we realized that we had met before, so I went looking through the team lists that I have kept over the years. And there we both were, in the same town, at another AACA show six years later.

While there I also got to meet his wonderful dad. And Terry Bond and his wife were standing behind me in the line to sign in at breakfast so I got to talk with them. And I got to meet Bookreader's daughter Brenda after the breakfast. Bookreader was a judge on my husband's team, he was captain. We have known each other for several years. (She got my LAST five dollars. She talked me into buying a ticket for the sculpture that will be raffled off. I think she and her husband are getting worn out carrying it around. It weighs over 100 lbs. shocked.gif from what she told us.)

After Bill and I were done judging we went to 27G to find Ron and his wife with their Amphicar. We didn't get to go to the lake for a ride this year. Maybe some other time. Our friend Jean works in Admin. and we had to wait nearby for her to be finished with that job.

It was nice to reconnect with old friends and meet new ones. And there was not a drop of rain the whole show. grin.gif

Moral of the story-if you plan to go to a Natl Meet/tour, take a look at the forum before you leave to see who is coming - we often meet near the motorcycle class just to say hi and put face/name/car together. Peter H was there too.

Had a great time in Roanoke and it was great to meet so many other DFers there.

Greensburg PA is next on my list.

Terry

Thanks. I had looked at the post of who was going, but missed that they meet in a certain place. I think we may decide to go to the show in Indiana since we have known Ronnie Long for years. He and I were in the same apprentice school in Louiseville, Ky. in 1990, and have judged together several times. So I will check the board for the meeting spot and try to meet some more of the DFer's. I would have liked to meet Peter H.

Guest imported_Bookreader

It is so nice to put faces to names. It was also really nice to have your last five dollars, ShopRat. On a serious, non-teasing note, I want to encourage all of you who will be at the next meets and tours to do as Susan did and buy a raffle ticket [or many] on this beautiful art piece of sculpture that the AACA Library and Research Center is having for its raffle this year. It is a unique piece of automotive art and quite valuable. The money from this raffle goes in Glen Neidigh's memory and honor in the Library and Research Center Endowment Fund. Stop at our Library table and see this piece. It will be awarded at the Hershey Fall Meet banquet and you do not have to be present to win. A photo of this sculpture can be seen on the Library site.

I once did chassis for class 25 (sports cars)at a grand national. That was back when I had two good knees and could use either one of them. Ive taken to carrying a padded clip board lately. It helps, but I think Im gonna have to graduate to interiors pretty soon. That sounds a lot less painful.

Terry

I've done class 25 twice. Once at Carlise a loooooooong time ago. the grass was tall enough the chassis was wiped clean coming in. Tires were about the only chassis item you could judge. Then ended up with them at Hershey a few years ago. Chasis is were I'm most comfortable. As a mechanic I spent more time under the car or under the dash than I did any where else working on the car. Use to be able to disassemble a 4 cyl Pontiac Fiero in my sleep. Not sure I could still do it.

The guy on my team at Roanoke had a great idea for judging chassis. Bring one of the free neoprene mouse pads that always seem to be given away by businesses or come with new computers. They are soft, can be rolled up and put in a hip pocket when not being used, can be washed and don't conduct heat. laugh.gif