Auto Transport Companies

<BR> INFORMATION: I would appreciate any information, suggestions, good<BR> experiences, or bad<BR> experiences with nationwide car movers. I plan on purchassing a Mod. T<BR> sometime this<BR> spring and having it shipped from the Northwest to Anchorage, Alaska.<BR> and I have never<BR> shipped a vehicle before. Shippers I have contacted that did respond<BR> have ranged<BR> $1,000.00 in price differences and they all gurantee complete<BR> satisfaction, but I know<BR> there are some that I should probably steer clear of, but I do not know<BR> who they are or<BR> what ploys to watch for. The best price quote I have received so far is<BR> from<BR> AAAdvantage Auto Transport, Inc, out of Tempe, Az.. I would<BR> especially be interested in<BR> hearing from anyone that has had experience with this outfit. Thanks<BR> for your time.<BR> Jim Uhl (907)376-2789<BR> HC 30, Box5434, Wasilla, Ak USA <BR> Please e-mail to uhldwm@alaska.net <BR>

I spent the whole summer of 1990 waiting for my 1958 Willys FC170 pickup to be delivered from Montana to upstate New York. I bought it in June and hired World Wide Auto Shippers a local but supposedly large trucking company to pick it up. They wanted cash in advance and said they would pick it up in less than 2 weeks (they had a truck coming back from Washington state). I finally got it in late August. World Wide did not own a single truck. They were a middle man that promised you anything to get you to sign up and then hired wildcat truckers to do the hauling. Lucky for me the person I bought from was willing to store the truck for free inside. He was so far back in the sticks of Montana that evidently they could not get a trucker to pick it up. In early August they asked that the truck be moved about 25 miles to a less remote area. Again the seller was very good moving the truck and getting a friend to store it for several more weeks. After it was picked up the truck driver was arrested in Oklahoma (not on the way to NY) and called me for bail. He thought there was still money due on the delivery. What he told me he was paid was about 2/3 of what I paid. All this time I was making a couple calls a week to World Wide and they usually didn't return my calls.<P>Well the truck finally showed up with several cracked windows and scratches on the roof because it was on top front of the carrier and had hit a few low limbs along the way. I filed an insurance form with estimates and photos and they never answered the letter or phone calls.<P>Moral: Whoever you hire be sure they own a truck.<P>Jim...

I hired PJ Bear from Lancaster PA to take my car to a national show 7 hours away and paid him months ahead for his services. He then canceled on me a week before the show.<P>At that time I had to find someone quick and dependable of which I called Passport Transport who had to fit me in. They did a good job overall with the tight pick up and delievery schedule that I had and kept in phone contact at all times. <P>My car was a few days late getting back because they had to deliever Charlies Bronson's Dusenberg to his home but at my house they were kind enough to show me the Cunningham Speedster that was on board with my car. I would use them again and there prices are close to everyone eleses. No worry!

I have used Admiralty Auto Transport many times, never had any problems with any damage, and you don't pay them until the car is delivered to you. I don't think they go to Alaska, but it never hurts to ask. You can contact them at <admiralt@aol.com> or 800-250-6112. Last time they hauled a Dodge for me from LA to Charlotte, no problems, not a scratch, even arrived within an hour of their estimated time of arrival.