Should I sell for Parts or as total car

Joyce L. Smith

I have a 1990 great running with new windshield ($2,200.00 insuance company paid) but I can't seem to sell as a great car!!-- high mileage 175K Only asking $4,500. Hate to destroy the car for parts. Bought it new and love the car it just doesn't fit my life style now that I live in Motor home.

The car is silver with gray inside - replaced transmmision about 4 years ago and the water pump last year. Replace the surpintine belt this year and once before - oil change every 3,000 miles never has used oil. Has all extras offered except no sunroof. Looks great inside and out. In Utah.

Am I asking to much for the car? I can only go by what is on the Internet.

Joyce: Welcome in -- but you're not going to get much help because you provided virtually no information about the car except its mileage and new windshield.

Where are you located...exterior color of car, moulding color, interior color and condition, options (cd player, 16-way seat, sunroof), maintenance records, etc., etc., etc.? This is the information needed.

<span style="font-weight: bold">-- ALF</span>

Have to say it but new windshield just made the difference between salable and not salable, cost is irrelevant and really adds nothing to value. Beyond that you have a Reatta with 175k. It may run perfect but many will be woried about how long it will continue.

Frankly there are a number of nice cars with half the miles floating around right now for the price you are asking.

Guest kennyw

as padgg; says, with the milage it is a $4 car. They bring from $1,500 to around $2,500 if really nice. The windshield is like buying a house with a kitchen, you expect one.....ken

Stripping a Reatta is a pain in the rear. Sounds easy, until you actually start doing it. You need to be a contortionist to get the hard parts, and have the tools to remove them. Padgett will agree with me on this one. Anyway, after you strip the parts, clean them, answer a ton of email, sell them, and ship them, what will you do with the remains? Assuming you have a engine hoist, something to hold the trans while you lower it, and four doughnut wheels so it still rolls. There are enough Reatta/Riviera parts cars/vendors floating around these days. Sell them, or restore them don't crush them!