Where have I seen this before?

Dave@Moon

Evidently it is not enough to have GM on the seatbelts only as it has been for 40+ years? Don't think the BL tagging of autos is what caused the demise of MG/TR/et al but... Be nice to have a piece of the vendor that makes the GM logo as it will be on a lot of cars/trucks.

I'm surprised this didn't result in more comment. The only other company I can think of that did this was Chrysler in the early 1960's when they were in big trouble. British Leyland wasn't in either's league, but you'd have to be pretty far out of the sunshine not to know they were in trouble as well from the get-go.

To me this smacks of re-arranging deck chairs on a certain doomed boat.

--------------

It is interesting, however, that they are finally making a show of taking pride in the name. When I bought my '97 Saturn I found it surprising that nowhere on <span style="font-style: italic">any</span> part of the car did the name GM appear. In fact no GM division names appeared either except on the Delco battery (including the manuals, decals, plug wires, hoses, components, interior bits, etc.). No Packard, no Moraine, no nothing. If you pulled the spark plugs they said "AC", and that was it! Obviously that had to be a conscious effort. I'm glad that they're making the effort in the other direction now! cool.gif

Actually, Chrysler put the little "Pentastar" logo on the passenger side fender only, all the way up through the '70s at least.

That way, while people were walking next to the car on the sidewalk, they'd know it was a Chrysler product.

Seriously. That emblem was never on the driver's side.

-Brad