Electric fuel pump

kenimpzoom

Ken,

This electric pump I have install on my '31 Packard is a AC-DELCO #EF-11. It was a bellows pump at one time but they have changed it to?, I am not sure the style they call it now but I have not had any problems since they change it. Before when it was the old bellows type the rubber inside had got eaten up by today?s gas this is why I think they since have changed it.

Hi Ken,

The pump you just order looks like a bellows type. The link doesn't describe what style it is. Do you know?

Also it sure looks similar to the AcDelco pump I had installed on my car and it went out within a year. As I mention in a previous post.

Here is a post I placed in the Packard Forum awhile back on the problems I had. 31 Std 8 Fuel Pump Problems

HI thanks for the info.

I'll let you know the details of the pump when I get it.

I did call CarQuest and they gave me two parte numbers

Airtex P/N E84259 was a vane type pump, positive or negative ground, for $102 dollars

AC-DELCO E8011 (replacement for EP-11) but was told this was for a negative ground only (perhaps the guy was wrong).

Ken

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

AC-DELCO E8011 (replacement for EP-11) but was told this was for a negative ground only (perhaps the guy was wrong)</div></div>

I had typo in my posts EF or EP. Anyways my pump is hooked up as positive ground and works with no problems.

while looking thru my new best friend, the JC whitney catolog, I notice they sell several pumps with three levels of pressues.

On our older cars 1920's, a 2 to 4 lbs pump is all that is needed.

The Airtex pump is one which I have had on quite a number of cars and have never had a failure. I have failed just about every other type of pump. It just has two wires coming out of it- gold colored with a clamp around a round body.

I remember it having an E8011 part number. I always use them with a NAPA pressure regulator.

When you are laying on the side of the road getting full of gasoline, the extra $25 bucks you spend for a good pump wont seem as significant. The Walbro and other pumps with cast aluminum bodies are nothing but trouble.

My 2cents worth.

greg