What does it fit?

ply33

Attached is a photo of a driveshaft with "ball and trunion" style universal joints that I picked up years ago thinking it would fit my 1933 Plymouth.

Turns out that the bolt pattern on the mounting flanges is wrong for Plymouth. The rectangular pattern for mounting holes on this is 1 3/4 inches by 2 inches. (Plymouth used 1 7/8 inches by 2 1/4 inches.) The driveshaft is approximately 48 inches long with the housings fully extended, my guess is that it should fit a car where the distance from transmission flange to rear axle flange is around 47 inches.

I am cleaning out some old stuff from my garage and thought I ought to know what it fits when I sell or trade it.

Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ply33.....Looks like post WWII Chrysler to me given the rubber boots. </div></div>

Except that it has a smaller mounting flange than the 1933 to 64 Plymouth units. Would DeSoto, Dodge or Chrysler use smaller parts than Plymouth? Seems unlikely to me.

ply33.....Good point. Did any other manufacturers use the "ball&trunion" type of universal joint? Perhaps, tractor companies? I have bought out several auto parts houses of their old stock, and with these I have accumlated several tractor and fork lift parts. What was the last year Chrysler used this type of universal? Is there a part No. on it?