I did it!

Guest 56BuickSuper

Guest imported_56BuickSuper

I finally joined the BCA! Sporting my new # in my signature. It took a while because I like to put things off but it is now a done deal.

I also decided to put up a web page for our Buick. It is pretty small right now but I plan to add to it as time allows. I have a place for links to other places of interest and if you would like a link to your site added please let me know. Two sites that I visit often and enjoy are Matt Harwood?s and Robert Budd?s and would like to add a link to them. Please let me know if that is ok.

Guest imported_MrEarl

Well welcome to the BCA Dan!!!

That BOB is one good looking feller. Most all my Roadmasters are named after girls, usually the name of the previous owner. I commend you on a great job on your website also. Wish I had one I could let you link to. I love those 56's. I had a 56 Century for awhile. They drive great and have plenty of power.

Again welcome aboard and thanks for sharing your website.

Congrat's Dan! I'm only a couple of numbers in front of you, being a recent member myself (it seemed the proper thing to do). Feel free to link to my website, no problems, and thanks for asking. I sure hope my mod 53 looks as good as your's someday! Keep up the search for that darn passenger side center pillar trim piece. I swear there's money to be had reproducting those and the "J" bars on the back bumper. Maybe I'll take a metal casting class at the local junior college...

Cheers,

Budd

Ditto <span style="font-weight: bold">Budd's</span> comments. Welcome and please feel free to link to my site as well. If there's anything I can do to help you out with your page, let me know.

You won't find a better, more enthusiastic or knowledgable club than the BCA. Good choice!

Guest imported_56BuickSuper

Thanks guys! I enjoy both of your sites very much. My only regret is that I did not document my work as well as you two are doing. Trying to remember everything now is rough. My wife helps to remember what we did by saying "we spent money on this & that & that etc...". I'm not sure me putting this site up was such a good idea grin.gif The reason I decided to do it was if it encourages one person to save an old car it will be worth it.

Budd, I was really glad to see you were finally able to get started with your 53. I have had most of ours apart and back together so if you have any questions, please let me know. If I can be of any help, I would be glad to help.

Matt, keeping up with your restoration is like reading a book, and I always look forward to the next chapter.

Dan:

Your comment about "<span style="font-style: italic">The reason I decided to do it was if it encourages one person to save an old car it will be worth it</span>" is a very big reason I started my website (and continue adding to it). Somewhere buried in the "what's new" page, there is a blurb about a fellow who was searching Google for the price to *sell* his 1956 Buick. He stumbled across my site, started reading, and changed his mind. He emailed me and said, "Hey, if you can do it, so can I". He and his father are now knee-deep in restoring their classic 56! That was very cool to hear. So spreading the good word works, and is worth the time and effort.

Cheers,

Budd