need help quick on gages!

56 boy

hi i have a 56 century and i am getting my gages rebuilt. the only problem is that my wonderful gage guy that can make them look bran spankin new cant find a place to get a new face plate. so... i was wondering if anyone knows of a place that makes new platic faces. thanks

roei-

My tech service book for the 56 says later model year 56's with A/C had a different temperature guage. While the rest had the red lense for when the cars were running hot, the A/C'd cars did not have the red lense because they were running too close to that area. I think it said towards the end of the model run, they dropped the red lense on the temp guage in all the models. Perhaps this is what you were thinking of?

JD

JD

Good info John, thanks. Hadn't heard of that, but certainly makes sense. I think he was looking for the plastic lens piece that lies between the overall housing and the individual guages. That piece, I would think, is still the same amongst the models. The NOS temp guage I have here at the house has the red area on it. I have an extra 56 instrument cluster as well, maybe I should pull it down out of the rafters and take a closer look at it smile.gif

Budd

hi thanks everyone for responding, what im looking for is the platic over the speedometer with the numbers engraved on the back. also for the plastic that goes over the odometer, temp, and amp gages. they are two seperat peices. the care does not have air and there is no color on them either, i think... ill try to get a picture of them from my gage guy and post them. thanks again. and yes im still looking....