ANTIQUES ROADSHOW FYI AIR DATES!!!!

Steve Moskowitz

The air dates for the new Series, Antiques Roadshow FYI, that include segments taped at the 2004 Eastern Division Fall Meet in Hershey will be as follows:

Independent Car Segment: February 23, 2005 @ 8:00 EST

Petroliana: May 18, 2005 @ 8:00 EST

Classic car, Milestone car, and Antique car: TBD

Naturally, after these air dates the shows will continue to be repeated. The show has interviews with our members and some great video. I am positive you will really enjoy these segments.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Oops! It should be on your local PBS station!</span> If you click on the link Dave provided, you can enter your zip code and they will tell you what stations the program is on in your area.

From the PBD program highlights for WNED, Buffalo

Program 106 | Wednesday, Feb. 23, 2005 at 8pm

The owner of an Italian mosaic table ? appraised for $5,000 to $7,000 at ANTIQUES ROADSHOW?s first Portland, Oregon event in 1998 ? tells correspondent Clay Reynolds what happened to his original $1,000 investment; Clay visits an Automobile Club of America show where collectors proudly display examples of mid-20th-century automotive innovation; decorative arts expert Nick Dawes explains why color matters when it comes to pricing ceramics and glass; Clay visits Chicago?s Intuit Show of Folk and Outsider Art for an up-close look at the eccentric, outrageous, and highly prized art form and a conversation with self-taught artist Derek Webster; and appraiser Thomas Lecky tells the tantalizing tale of the long lost seventeenth-century Oath of the Freeman ? the first document printed in the New World and worth millions if found.

Check local listings

• 5 weeks later...

If UNCTV4 is a product of the University of North Carolina, I am not surprised that they did something different. frown.gif As an alumnus of that mightily self absorbed institution I have observed that they have come to believe the world revolves around them. mad.gif

Go to the post above and you will find the link to FYI. Punch in your zip code and it will tell you the stations that carry the program.

I have heard from the producer this morning who apologized for the mispelled name and making me "President"! The will correct these prior to the re-run in June. He also told me that his own father "chewed him out" for the story being too short. He agrees but hopefully next fall we can get some longer features. They sure took enough film!

The next story in May is about Petroliana at the flea market. I was in a meeting so Jeff Lesher, our Library Board President helped out with the segment. The final segment will be rather short and is on the differences between a Full Classic, Antique and Milestone car.

I saw the show last night (except about the first 1 or 2 minutes) and I thought it was good. It was nice to see a show about restored and original cars and NOT street rods. It should have been much longer, and featured more about the Hershey show and History of this wonderful AACA event. I kept hoping they would show an overview of how huge this show is.

Woody Michel

AACA #595592

Lamar, don't make a lot of popcorn. While the show content was great it was waaaay too short mad.gif

Still enjoyed it grin.gif and hope this exposure generates demand for more!