wheel & tire size for 55

kracked

Hello,

I have enjoyed this forum for a while, but this is my first post. I have been lucky enough to inherit a 1955 Super 4-door series 52. It is in pretty rough shape. Needs floor boards, rockers, quarters, and so forth. I got her running pretty good. In order to drive her while I do the bodywork, I need new tires and wheels - she has a nice assortment on her now. I am planning to keep her pretty stock mechanically, but will modify her body a little. Can someone suggest what wheel size and tire size I should purchase to keep her looking stock? What size might 'beef' her up a bit? Any suggestions and/or feedback would be great!

Has anyone run non-stock wheels and tires on these Buicks?Just looking to spice things up without running into too many problems. Would switching to 235/65 R 15 or 245/65 R15 on 15 x 7 rims instead on 235/75 avoid the frame/fender rubbing?

Guest imported_MrEarl

kracked,

Buttercup currently has P235/75R15's on her and they ride GREAT but IMHO look like s****. Of course it would help if they were 3 or 4 inch whites instead of the 2 inches as you see in the attachment.(they were on the car when I bought it). I've had no problem with rubbing and have turned around in some prteey tight culdesacs. A radial tire truley compliments, enhances and makes even greater the "Buick ride". But I'll be replacing these soon with some 4 inch whitewall bias ply's just like the original in the trunk and will live with a ride that feels like the tires are up on stilts going around corners. But then again I don't plan on doing many power slides or drifting this 13,000 miler into many curves anyway. grin.gif

Guest imported_MrEarl

Arctic White over Condor Yellow. The field in front of Buick Pond was abloom with Buttercups the day we brought her home, hence the name...

I have a novel idea: why not put a nice set of BFG 2.5 inch wide whites on stock rims painted Cherokee red and top it with a restored set of the 55 bick turbine wheel covers.

That will solve your clearance problem and nothing will look better (except for wire wheels) grin.gif.

Anyone can buy and put on a set of custom wheels and tires, but we are the select few who can do it this way. wink.gif.

Willie