Please Help Identify this car????

Blake Starkenburg

Guest imported_klb

Hey Blake!

Welcome to the AACA forums! This is a great place to get this kind of help.

I haven't got a clue about the car, but hopefully one of the very knowledgeable folks will be able to help.

I just wanted to welcome you!

I will try to adjust the clarity or take some new pictures tommorrow. Unfortunately I am 300 miles from my office computer this weekend and the pictures were taken at sunset.

I will also post some hi-res photos on my site for detailed clarity when I get home.

I have uploaded some higher res photos at this url. They are each between 200 and 400kb so give the picture some time to load.

http://www.oldride.com/unknown/highres/index.html

This car is very interesting. All the seams were at one point leaded. The shell is sitting amongst a 1/2 acre of parts, pieces and various other shells. We spent the evening scouring through mounds of metal to try and match up pieces and components.

I should also note the special passenger side access door. At one point the car had a small door just behind the passenger door in the rear quarter. This obviously to allow access into the large trunk area. Crazy thing is just as it was getting dark, we found the actual door about 100 foot away!!!

The door opening is probably a foot and a half wide by the same high with an angle at the bottom left.

Golf club doors were to be found on a number of makes.. I don't know if they were used before the '20s, but the one thing makes me think this car is earlier than the mid '20s is the construction of the front fender. That lip design along the edge is rather typical of teens construction. The combination of that fender construction and the rounded contour of the body suggests it could be mid to late teens. Just a guess of course.

hvs

Guest brockway

I just browsed my car books and couldn't find anything exactly similar looking. This is some sort of speedster body style. The rear-part of the car should be recoknizable.

Well, I did the same.. I guess only thing what you can use is the hood, 9 louvres and front fenders-- round at the front end and check the side of the fender. It's not straight or round.. ah.. how do you say that well, check the pics.

Closest I could get that matched somehow to Hudson front fenders 15-25 ...?

But not the hood holes.

But check the pics from the rear. Behind drivers back, It looks like someone has welded some panel there and there's also weldings in the rear . . I would bet that the body is home made..!! I could weld better than the guy who's welded this one (I have tried once! grin.gif ) grin.gifgrin.gif

Wasn't there any body numbers? tags anything?

Mika ~ Those rotating pictures next to your post are interesting, smile.gif but very distracting. They keep catching the left eye when reading your posts. Is it just me or does anyone else have that problem. smile.gif

Not trying by start anything smile.gifbut this has caused me to skip past your posts on occasion.

hvs

Guest imported_klb

Howard; I don't see those images. So I checked my preferences. Apparently I turned off the avatars in my preferences. No idea when I did that.

Updates:

1.) Careful inspection of the hood would indicate that it may not be the original??

2.) Inspection of the rear appears to be factory. Allthough the welds are aweful, the metal cuts and rounding is too nice. The pieces of the rear match to nicely, again allthough the welds are bad I am wondering if perhaps the seams were leaded.

3.) Car went through a fire. Inspection of lead beads near the top of the cowl dripped down onto the passenger door. The beads are what helped in matching the original doors.

4.) Cannot find the firewall! The cowl you see in the pics is just the steel minus firewall and dash.

5.) Windshield was a split or two piece jusdging from the windshield cast bracket still on the passenger side.

6.) Canvas snaps found on body. Doors, and read quarters.

7.) Hunt for radiator cowl is not going well!!!

8.) I am not ruling out a homemade car??

9.) Bear with me their is a 1/2 acre of strewn parts, cans and metal. It is quite fun though!!!!!

Just to give some of you the idea of the pile we are dealing with: The picture does not give enough justice to the amount of cans, fenders, hoods and cowls as the sheet metal is all over the ground and extends into the hillside and over the other side of the visible hill.

yard.jpg

I did manage to get some good shots of more complete shells which I will be posting in my Rusty Rides section of OldRide.com when I compress them tommorrow. Will let you all know when they are up. Thanks everyone for helping in the identification!! By the way the shell in the front of the picture is a four door sedan, front and rear suicides!!!!