Central Power Supply...?

Guest jss

OK MAYBE I'M STUPID ...I HAVE THE 88 REATTA SERVICE MANUAL WHERE IS THE CENTRAL POWER SUPPLY LOCATED ,,,,CAN'T FIND A DIAGRAM WHERE IT IS LOCATED IF I WANT TO REPLACE IT ??

Hi,

You must remove the covers under the steering column, :follow your brake ped.to the top look to the right you will see a silver box with two cables this is your CPS 10mm nuts hold it there make sure all the batt. is discoed before you switch it out hope this helps.

Your're not stupid, the manuals are not the easiest to read. I have an '89 manual and your '88 is similar. Look at section 8A-16 pages 0-3. On page 3 is a numerical listing. Look at the CPS line and it gives a location and also will show a listing for a picture ( figure ). In my '89 manual the picture is in section 201 and is picture 12-A. ( 201-12-A )

I have good used CPS's if you need one. jfinn@cpinternet.com

In the 88 manual it is section 8A-201, page 8, figure D. It is really important to understand how section 8A, "Electrical Diagnosis" is laid out. At the front there are two indexes. The first is not much help since in numerical order but the second is alphabetical.

Sections 0-199 are the wiring diagrams with 0-20 relating to power distribution. At the end of each section there are symptoms/disgnosis charts and a table with pointers to section 201 and 202. Section 201 is component location diagrams and 202 is connector configurations.

For the CPS start at 8A-16 for the CPS. Table is on 8A-16-3 and points to 8A-201-8-D for the diagram and 8A-202-16 for the connectors (GM expects you to know the "8A" prefix.)