Door panel removal

RSmith

I've got a 1991 LeSabre Limited 2-door. Need to remove the door panel to fix the glass that keeps falling off it's track. I have removed all screws and can put the panel away from the sides but something is holding on in the center of the panel where the door pull is. Can anyone help me figure out what i haven't removed? Also any advise on how to keep the window from falling of the track would be appreciated. Thanks alot. Also - I was curious, I know this was the last year for the 2-door LeSabre but this website says only 1,181 2-doors were made - http://www.buickgod.com/picturelist.html?ID=1717 Does this sound right?

Thanks for the suggestion. There doesn't appear to be any trim around it that has screws that can be removed. Here is a picture of it. The chrome trim around the handle does not have any screws in it. It is attached to the cardboard. The handle wraps around a pin that is somehow attached to the metal door itself. It's the only thing keeping me from removing the panel. Thanks you any suggestions. Randy

OK, let me take one more stab at it...

A) pull the strap,is there a phillips head screw in behind there?

B) feel the vinyl strap for a hole at the end where the center of the box . the screw may be inside the vinyl and may need to be slit with a razor, then glued when done. Steve

Try pulling the edges of the panel away from the door so the clips don't drag then lift straight up on the panel parallel to the door. A lot of arm rests are keyed to a slot in the door and are released this way. Also, you should be able to pull the panel edge away from the door enough to see behind and using a flashlight, possibly see what is holding the center in place.

I'm not sure what I did, but I apologize in advance if this turns out to be a double post:

Use a flat screwdriver to pry the end of the strap out of the box it sits in ( based on your picture). This should peel back enough to expose a phillips head screw under the flap. The pull handle has this flap on both ends and you should not need to cut the strap. There is a screw on both ends of the strap I believe. It will pry out and go back in when you're finished.