70 Full Size Hard Parade Boot

BigFella

I know I've asked this before and for the life of me I cannot find the thread...

What Parade boots are compatable with the 70 Fullsize Buicks? I see alot of caddy boots on the net for sale and was wondering about compatability between the years...note this is for the hard parade boot designed to have people sit on them during parades.

Guest my3buicks

did allot of looking on the net - it appears Caddy had hard parade boots available in the mid to late 50's and ended in 1960. They started again in 1971 and ended in 1976. Unless an aftermarket company made them it does not appear that this was an available item.

I saw an add for a used fiberglass parade boot for a 69 caddy :-) Even if they were aftermarket it would be a nice thing to have for those bikini girl parades!

did the 69 buicks have snaps on the top cover or were they the same as the 70 with the plastic tabs that slide under the trim? My thought is ig Caddy and Buick used the same cover setup then the parade boots should be interchangable...did 71 start the new top design and was the boot cover design changed as well?

dreaded "scissor top"

And the 71 & up parade boots interchanged from Eldorado, Caprice, Grandville, LeSabre, Centurion......I think that's it.

http://www.classiccaddies.com/new_page_2.htm

They even make a "roadster" boot that covers the back seat to make the car look like a 2-seater. Unfortunately, these don't cover the years you're looking for.

Well over half of these I've seen were on 71-75 OLDSMOBILE Delta 88 converts, and at one time I owned 4 of them myself. Made good money off the three I sold, especially considering what I paid that Cad-Olds dealer for the privilege of cleaning out that building.

I have seen only two Caprices with the parade boot, and I don't think I've ever seen a Pontiac wearing one.

Back to orig ?, if it was made to fit a Cadillac, it should fit the other C-body cars- Electra and Ninety Eight.

• 6 years later...
Guest FAMILY~AFFAIR

WELL I HAVE A 1969 BUICK ELECTRA 225 AND I;M LOOKING FOR THAT HARD PARADE BOOT AS WELL SO IF THERE IS ANYONE OUT THERE WITH ONE PLEASE LET ME KNOW THANKS FAMILY~AFFAIR

Guest my3buicks

there is no such animal unless an aftermarket company produced one and I have never seen one pictured with one.

Without question one was not offered from Buick for the 69's.