insurance blues

I have used Amica for years and had a good results. They have always been quick to respond to claims. With my older cars (currently a 69 Firebird and 64 Sportwagon) they often ask for a photo to make sure it is in good shape and not a highway liablity. I have received a dividend check every year to boot. They even insured a couple of Corvairs I had-Take that Ralph Nader. Just my 2 cents

Guest wildcat65401

hi everybody,<BR> <BR> well my ins. co. , gecco or whatever they call themselves have put my rates up again for no reason , SO.<BR> does any one recomend another co. i remember seeing a posting here from someone who was very happy with his co. there were no milage limitations etc. also i think he said they paid what you had invested up to that point .<BR> i'm searching here to try and find the details but you might be able to save me some time , thanks.<BR> oh yea, we're pulling the engine out of my wildcat today...should be fun. grin.gif" border="0

Guest 70 Electra

I've had JC Taylor for many years, and on several cars. No claims (fortunately), but I chose them based on recommendations from friends that did have claims.<P>Only real complaint I have is the billing. Seems to be done the old-fashioned way--by hand, and slowly! After any revisions/adjustments to my policy, it has taken months for the billing to catch up. <P>When I call up, they say "No problem, just ignore it. You'll get an updated bill later." Frankly, it's stressful and annoying, and as a result I'm planning to move to another company.

New York State is the insurance Lobbyist capitol of the world. Insurance rates are way out of line here. Hagerty gave me a rate that was 25% of what I pay at State Farm. Now I gotta shop for bike insurance. shocked.gif" border="0

Guest scott mich bca # 6619

I use Haggerty. I had a disaster a few years ago and they handled it very well.<P>Unfornately my car was totaled. They send an adjuster out within a few days, and once I faxed them a copy of the title, I had a check for the full value of my car witin a week. No arguments, and they did NOT raise my rates.<P>A++++<P>I did use JC Taylor years back, but I changed besause they keep sending the bills to the garage where I stored my cars, instead of my house!<P>Scott Mich<BR>Assistant Director<BR>Chicagoland Chapter<P>1955 -76C<BR>1959 Olds SS-88

Guest COMPACTBC

Get a GOOD INDEPENDENT INSURANCE AGENT that represents SEVERAL insurance companies, and let him do the shopping for you. Until you stop using your collector cars for everyday transportation and have another vehicle for this type of use, you will not be able to use collector car insurance, and enjoy their very low rates. I use Grundy for my collector cars, they also insure the BCA. rolleyes.gif" border="0

Guest wildcat65401

hey everyone,<BR> <BR> thanks for the info.<BR> my problem here seems to be that i dont have another form of transport.<BR> the wife & i just drive the 65 & 69.<BR> all the companys seem to want us to drive other cars to work/errands , i niether want to drive anything else nor can afford another car [unless its another old buick.har har] so i'm not sure what the smartest thing to do is.<BR> the annoying part is that my wife and i work about 1/4 mile from home! but the insurance Cos. dont care.<BR> should i just buy a mo-ped and never use it?<BR> any advise would be very helpful.<BR> thanks , paul & erin. smile.gif" border="0