Washington Automobile Made in Eaton Ohio

jdeere

I am trying to find information on a auto manufacture that made a small number of cars in the early years. I don't know the years or any other details other than I know where the factory is still standing. Can anyone help me with more information about the Washington Automobile Manufacture in Eaton Ohio. Thanks, Jdeere. Email, scride@infinet.com.

• 8 years later...
Guest Graham Clayton

The Washington was manufactured in Eaton and Middletown, OH between 1921 and 1924. The car was powered by Continental 7R and 8R engines. Prices ranged from $1785 for a tourer to $2385 for a sedan. Approximately 50 cars were built before the firm moved to Middletown, where a handful of petrol cars were built, along with three steamers, which cost $1785 with a tourer body.

Here is a photo of a restored 1922 model:

post-88629-143139252111_thumb.jpg

Early American Automobiles   1921-1924

More information about this car and the company can be found here:

Preble County Historical Society, Ohio, History, Preservation, Photographs, Genealogy,1922 Washington Automobile, Hildebolt

My grandfather used to talk about the "old Washington car" that my Uncle drug home when he was a teenager. In research on the subject I did over forty years ago I think I established there were two manufacturer's of a Washington car. I seem to remember that the second manufacturer of this nameplate was the Carter Car Co. of Hyattsville, MD. My grandfather talked about it being a touring car with levers outside of the body. At an AACA National Meet in Hagerstown, MD in, I think 1994, a Washington touring car was shown. It was certainly an earlier car than the one shown here in this thread.