64 Pontiac reverb

rocketraider

Anyone have a schematic or other info on 64 Pontiac reverb unit? The Pontiac service books don't have it. Wiring on the switch and box is similar to what's illustrated in my Olds manuals, but the switch operates differently. Olds has a simple "on-off" rotary switch, Pontiac has "off", "reverb" and "rear" positions. What did Buick have?<P>Right now, reverb and rr speaker aren't connected and the terminals are cut off the reverb switch wires (typical buggering job, we've all seen them). I want this stuff to work, but don't want to fry anything connecting it.

OK, I'm no wiring expert but I did find the Verbra-Phonic (reverb) switch & speaker wiring diagrams in the '66 Pontiac chassis manual. The diagrams are a bit confusing, can you be more specific about the questions you have? Or e-mail me your address & I'll try and mail you a photocopy, if you'd prefer. Just curious- what '64 model Pontiac do you have?<P>MARK ~ ventiport@earthlink.net<P>64-2369, 64-2957

Mark, a photocopy would be great. Yer e-mail is blocked on the bb here, try mine, rocketraider@earthlink.net and see if it gets thru, then we can get addresses squared away.<P>The car is a friend's 1964 Grand Prix, as loaded as I've ever seen a Pontiac and from the PHS documentation, apparently was an executive car at the Atlanta BOP plant. It is a factory AM-FM-reverb-power antenna car, and at some time the power antenna had been replaced with aftermarket and whoever did it used the radio's reverb power lead to trigger the antenna. We got a correct power antenna and got it wired and working correctly. We knew the reverb and rear speaker didn't work, and found the buggered and disconnected wiring when we went behind the dash for this winter's project- cleaning up wiring and getting the A/C system working properly and switching from floor to dash to defrost.<P>The plastic connectors have been cut off the three power and speaker leads. On the switch-there is a blue wire that I think is power and connects to a brown lead on the radio on-off switch, a green one that should connect to the radio rear speaker lead, and a green/black that should go to the rear speaker itself.<P>The switch has OFF, REVERB and REAR detented positions. Think it works like this- OFF, reverb is off and front speaker only plays. REVERB, the amp is on and front and rear speakers play. REAR, amp is off and rear speaker only. The radio has no fader control so that's the only scheme I can think of.<P>Does this stuff match up with what's in the 66 manual? The 1963 and the 64 supplement don't have a thing in them about the Verbra-Phonic.<P>TX- Glenn Williamson (the Rocketraider)