Empire Automobile Company,,1913-1915..Front Medallion

I found the front medallion off of a Empire Automobile quite awhile back.

Its in pretty nice condition considering its age. I am curious as to its collectability and value. if anyone has an idea, please let me know.

I can take pics of it if needed..Thanks..:)

It Reads:

Empire Automobile Co.

Empire, "The Little Aristocrat", Indianapolis,U.S.A.

Good collectability assuming it is genuine and not reproduced. Value is and allways will be what someone will give. Personally, if I saw it at hershey for 125.00 I'd have to think about it for my collection, there are others who would break a finger getting out the wallet and paying double that for it...

And e-bay has been flooded with emblems (both genuine and reproductions) selling for high HIGH money...

it is no doubt orginal. I found this in Tracy,MO at the Platte County Fair Grounds that date to 1864..pretty old area. I'd like to send some pics to any collectors out there and see what they think. I do appreciate your input, and it is well taken. The fact that there were so few of these built and that there aren't but a few in existance is pretty astounding.

If anyone would like a pic, LMK your email and I'll try and send you one..Thanks again..:)

aconway...Welcome to the Forum!

An alternative, donate it to the AACA Museum for future generations to enjoy. If a value could be ascertained, it probably would be a write-off.

The Museum has a collection of medallions for display. I donated a 1924 Reading Automobile Club medallion that was on a great uncle's early '20's Buick. Could have sold it, however, in my case, logic prevailed for future generations.

Best regards, Peter J.

• 4 weeks later...

One in not quite as bad of shape as yours sold on e-bay a week or two ago for nearly 300 dollars. Either one would need restoration so the condition would play little into the value (enamel damage only). I thought it high, but then again, it takes two people thinking it's value is "X" in an auction...