Slick Reatta Concept

jimustanguitar

I am completely redoing my 90 Reatta. It has a two way alarm which controls the shaved doors, which means that there are no handles or locks on the outside... the doors are smooth metal everywhere on the outside, they are opened electronically from my remote. I'm shaving (removing) all of the exterior trim and emblems, installing some 10-spoke aluminum wheels, adding front bumper splitters, installing a factory style oldsmobile intrigue spoiler for a refreshing non-honda look (I hate 3 foot tall spoilers that look like they were made out of an erector set), running dual exhaust through the rear bumper, converting to aluminum mesh grilles (front and back), and adding an active hood scoop for ram air. Some other ideas that I am throwing around are covering the gas door area and relocating the fill tube to behind the license plate so that I have smooth fenders on both sides of the car, and I'm trying to sub mount my power antenna so that when it is down, the button on the top is flush with the quarter panel. The only thing that I really don't know about is:

I had an idea, whether stupid or not, to put in two sideways sunroofs over each seat kind of like T-tops. There is no structural reason not to do this, but I get mixed reactions of what this would possibly look like. Do you think that it would look completely stupid, or would it be a nice finishing touch to a sweet ride? Let me know what you think, and I'm still open for more customization ideas too... and no, I will not consider gull-wing doors wink.gif

what are you colour schemes going to be? i had contemplated somehing along the lines of "biohazard orange" for exterior paint. also something that might add to a car like that is a painted fiberglass glossy headliner, actually in the process of doing that myself in a few days. do you plan to do anything to the interior?

will do. it is currently being set aside untill i can find/afford a nice Lcd display for my nes/dvd player so that i can mount it into the headliner. i was origionally going to put a small one, like 5 ins, where the broken tapedeck is but..... bigger is probably better when playing video/games. im guessing 3 weeks min for the display and another 2 weeks after for the liner. what all are you looking to put in your trunk? i had ideas for a pair of 10s and 15s but i dont really have the $ to go buying everything required like new subs, good amps, alternators.... anyway, ill post when/if i get it done

Well, this talks to the age-old quest to get younger members into our clubs. Careful of what you wish for....

<span style="font-weight: bold">-- ALF</span> cool.gif

Stand by for rice pipes and 24-inch wheels with teentsie, weentsie tires.

Guest Reatta1

I'm aghast. Harley would turn over in his grave(I know he didn't design them, but still----). My Reatta will remain a Reatta not get turned into some kind of mutated ricer wannabe.

how is fiberglassing a headliner rice? it dosent come out of a box sold in magizines citing universal application. also, nice aftermarket wheels are not rice, the wheelwell gap on the reatta with the 15's is ugly. it looks bad. but it can be fixed.

the borla exhaust isnt rice, no ricer is gonna put an exhaust kit that costs over 100$ on his car because they tend not to make the backfiring, a borla gives you a nice power sound not all that weedwacker sound crap

believe me, i hate ricers, theyre annoying but its nice to have a quicker car and a louder stereo because it ruins their day

Why would Mr. Earl be bothered ? (I met him several times in my yout, Palm Beach was a favored watering hole and all manner of experimental cars were likely to show up om Worth Avenue). Look at the Y-job and then consider it in the context of pre-WWII. Later he had a early '50s Cadillac roadster in his garage.

Incidently his use or the letter "Y" reflected his feelings that the cars were prototypes and not experimental. (In USAF lexicon, the prefix "X" means experimental and Y is a test model of a new type e.g. YF-12, YB-36).

I am all for people trying new things you never know what oddball idea will work.

Incidently a drop down screen is much better than in-console for a display since you do not need to be as concened about being "daylight readable". If you have ever tried to use a laptop outside in daylight you know what I mean.

Guest Reatta1

Sorry Rat, my post was more in reference to the original poster's description of what he's doing to his car. You do that kind of stuff to a Reatta and it's not a Reatta any more. JMO.

Hey, Rat/Guitar:

For a look at a really customized Reatta, check out my posting of a year or so ago: go to SEARCH and enter: <span style="font-weight: bold">MY GOD, IT'S A REATTA!</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">-- ALF</span>