Dale Robertson Buick

Guest sintid58

Guest sintid58

Has anyone ever seen or heard what happened to the 1958 Dale Robertson Buick. There is a post card on ebay right now with a picture and I was curious. I did a search on the BCA site and nothing came up.

Sid, I have often wondered about this car as well. Apparently, it still exists, and it was offered for sale at the Kruse Auction in Scottsdale in 1998. The final bid of $26,000 seems very low given the advertised condition (no. 2) and the car's one-off status and unique history. It is not clear whether the vehicle was actually sold. Any '58 Limited in nice condition is trading for considerably more than $26,000 at this point, so I'm not sure what the story was on this car. It would be interesting to know who owns it and whether it is ever shown. (I wish I could say that I own it!)

Here is a link to the Kruse Auction information on the car:

http://www.kruseinternational.com/result...S=1&PAGE=23

I think it was on display in the Country Music Hall of Fame at one time. Seems like it was 1998 or so we stopped in Nashville on our way to an OCA meet and toured the CMHoF, and it was there along with the Hank Williams Cadillac.

Wait a minute- that was Webb Pierce's Bonneville we saw. My bad.

I have a postcard of Dale Robertson's Wells Fargo '58 Limited Convertible. It is a really unique Buick.

Another unique Buick that was modified in a similar manner was a 1950 Buick for a ranch in Texas, I think it was the King Ranch. I have an article about this car from a 1950 "Popular Science" magazine. The modifications on this '50 were very extensive.

Go Buick!

AK Buickman, BCA #1955....

AK, the Buick El Kinenos is on display at the King Ranch Museum in Texas.

The ranch's website has an overhead photo of the car, which really conveys very little about the car's special features:

http://www.king-ranch.com/museum.htm

Elsewhere, I found the following information regarding this one-of-a-kind Buick:

"Gillespie Buick announced . . . the creation of a Buick called El Kiñenos for Rep. R.M. Kleberg Sr. The custom Buick Eight hunting car had calfskin seats, a built-in bar, aluminum running boards, gun racks, an ammunition compartment and a fender designed to hold saddles."

There are some truly unique Buicks out there!

Some of you may not have seen photos of the 1958 Limited Wells Fargo built for Dale Robertson -- the car that was the subject of this thread. Here's a picture:

tmp186.jpg