A request of 1956 Buick owners on the list.

Budd

Some of you (probably very few) know I operate the 1956Buick.com website. At the risk of being forward, I was wondering if a few of you 1956 Buick owners wouldn't mind sharing some photo's of you & your car with me. I'm creating a new Flash intro for the website, and would like to create a "pride of ownership" type movie set to some classic Beatles music. A simple photo of you standing next to, or behind the wheel, of your classic Buick. Even better would be old photos, possibly black-n-white or weathered from years, of you in a parents Buick or your original '56 some three restorations prior wink.gif If you would like your name to scroll in the credits at the end, that is up to you. Some folks are private, and I respect that.

The reason for asking for photo's from other enthusiasts is that movie looks a bit boring just cycling through my own pictures from high school and such. I think I saw a picture of Roberta as a child next to one of her parents Buicks. I think those kind of photos would really ad to the ambiance of the clip.

You can send photos to "robert_budd@gr8soft.com", any size, any format... I'll take care of the cleanup and conversion. I'll collect what responses I receive over the course of the next few weeks, then start creating the movie.

Thank you very much (in advance!)

Robert Budd

Hi Budd. I am interested in a forum for 56 owners, but registering for that bulletin board caused me some problems. First it told me that the user name was taken, so I tried three others, and finally got one just to get an error message that my e mails address had already been used.

I never saw a page or area for entering a password, but it said I already had one.

Seems kinda strange operation to me.

John D

Hmmm... sorry for the consternation. I see two email/accounts registered for you, one at empireone and one at yahoo. Would you like me to delete those so you can start over? It's usually pretty straightforward for registering. Your password will arrive in the email address that you register with. You're the first to have difficulties (don't they all say that? sorry!) I'll make sure it gets working for you, bear with me!

Budd

Robert, I had a brief opportunity this morning to check out your website. You have some fantastic material there.

I read the history of your car, and I must say that it is an incredible story. Please do us all a great favor and submit the history of your car -- complete with your great photos -- to the Buick "Bugle". Buick enthusiasts from around the world will love this story!

How would I go about submitting the story? I wouldn't mind sharing, 'cause I like talking about Buicks! I'm glad folks get a kick out of my story. I showed the website to my Mom the other day when she was down visiting, and she laughed at the recount of making me drive it to high school for the first time. She always knew the right thing to do when an overly arrogant and stuck on himself son needed boxing down a notch or two wink.gif It's amazing how one car can influence you and become such a subtle part of your life, then and now.

Budd

Robert, have you joined the BCA? If not, click on this link:

http://www.buickclub.org/Membership/membership.htm

Members of the BCA receive the monthly publication, the "Buick Bugle" as part of their membership. Each issue of the Bugle includes contact information regarding the submission of articles for publication.

I do hope that you will follow through on the preparation of an article; the entire BCA membership (10,000 Buick fans around the world) would enjoy hearing your great story.

I use JohnD1956 here, so delete the Johnny D on your forum please. I guess I'm not so computer savy, and didn't understand the password was coming in the e mail referenced.

Still, a nice looking bulletin board and site.