1963 lesabre 4 speed

63lesabre4spd

A 63 LeSabre with a factory 4 speed has got to be a very rare car. I am not familiar with the production numbers of that year but back then almost any combination was available. My brother has a 1966 Wildcat that he ordered new and it has a factory 3 speed stick in it. Only modification to that car was when the warranty ran out my brother converted it to a floor shift. Anyway, I would suggest Cars in New Jersey and their website is www.buick-parts.com

I have purchased quite a bit over the years and only had one problem and they corrected it. Look in your Bugle and you will find quite a bit of restoration parts and services. For Chrome plating I have found that Tri-City plating in Elizabethton, Tennessee to do quality work. A couple of other sources for parts is Steele Rubber Products www.steelerubber.com and Kanter www.kanter.com . If you need new brake lines or transmission lines, check out Classic Tube at www.classictube.com Good luck with your projuct and keep us posted on how you are doing with it.

I heard that there were only 11 64 wildcat's with 4 speeds built. Don't know if it's true, but I'd tend to agree that you have a VERY rare car! And one I'd love to see. What does the car have for options? Do you have any pictures you could post?

on the 64 wildcat i know that there were 356 2 door sport coupe's

with 4 speed's. i dont know how many 4 door's or rag tops

dont know any info on 1963 models

you can check in flint and have them run a search thats what i did.

scott

64 wildcat 425 2-4's 4-speed

(still under major construction) frown.gif

I think a 63 or 64 Wildcat convertible with a 4 speed would be my dream car. I had had a 66 GranSport with the factory 4 speed once. Unfortunately too many northeast winters took it's toll and eventually I had to sell it as I couldn't afford the repairs to the frame. But I do love the 4 speeds. I just think the pitch of the tranny in all 4 gears is a sound that can't be beat. I'd love to see pictures of your cars, especially an interior shot. Does your car have a console with the shifter in it, or that consolette like my GS used to have? What about factory A/C?

Thanks for the great feedback. The car has the consolette. I have to find the paperwork and manuals. I will send pictures as soon as I can. Do not have a digital camera yet.

I purchased the car from the original owner with 70 K miles. With the 4 speed I thought it would be rare. It has always been in NJ and is in need of body work in usual places.

Body and interior are okay but will need work.

The great feedback is comforting as I start the restoration process. I will seek advice along the way.

Thanks to all.