New site feature - need help

I wanted to put a new feature on the site... "automobile fact of the day" or something like that.<P>Were can i find "facts" to put in this feature... short of writing them myself?<P>Peter<P>------------------<BR>Peter Gariepy<BR>peterg@aaca.org<P>www.aaca.org

I know that for the Automotive Centennial there were several lists of firsts floating around, both from the Centennial organizers and others. I wonder if the Detroit Public Library or the PR departments of the "big 3" also have such lists. Currently the Washington Post has a weekly "factoid question", which they must be getting from somewhere.

John, I think that the controversial nature of Peter's idea is it's greatest asset! This is a wonderful idea! smile.gif<P>Peter, if you look in the books, identification guides and <I> Auto Album </I> cartoons written by Tad Burness you'll find they're full of pretty arcane information that would be useful for this item. Also, just by comparing 2 references you can devine your own interesting stuff. (For instance: by comparing information in 2 books from the Crestline series, <I> 70 Years of Buick </I> and <I> 75 Years of Chevrolet, </I> I discovered that my 1960 LeSabre outweighs a similar 1960 Bel Air by 633 pounds {18%} even though they share the same body shell!) Just be sure to list references for each posting, <I> you will be asked! </I><p>[This message has been edited by Dave@Moon (edited 12-07-2000).]

How about this... I'll create a forum call "Auto Trivia"<BR>anyone can post their own Trivia question?<P>LOL<P>Talk about heated debates!<BR>Peter

"You can't please all of the people all of the time but looks like you are going to please some of the people some of the time."<BR>Way to go, Peter! You are a never-ending source of ideas and amazement.<BR>Patt

• 2 years later...