Wiring diagram for 1941 Special

Ornberg

Did somebody know where i can find a wiring diagram for my 41?

My -41style clothwires are in very bad condition and i have to replace them.

If my insurencecompany happens to see my wires im sure they go nuts. I bring my fire extinguisher with me when ever i take a ride. Maybe there is a wiring diagram somewhere out there in cyberspace that i can download.

Per Ornberg

Sweden

Guest Straight eight

You might try the folks at Harnesses Unlimited PO Box 435 in Wayne Pennsylvania.

They will do a complete harness for you with a diagram. I have used them for two 1947 Buicks, and they were very helpfull, and their product is just great.

They use cloth covered wiring that looks just like the original, and when you finish you have a great looking job.

They do one harness for the front that does the engine and dashboard area, and another for the back half of the car.

If you want to do it yourself with wire that happens to be available, I am sure these folks would make the wiring diagram available to you, but I reccoment you either have them make one for you, or sell you the supplies for your car so the color coding can be followed.

There are reproduction wiring diagrams on Ebay almost every week. They aren't expensive at all. Just go to Ebay and do a search for "Buick 1941" and you'll find them.

A new harness is also a good idea--it'll save you a lot of headaches!

The shop manuals for Buicks have wiring diagrams in them. I got a repro of the shop manual for my 1940 from Kanters in New Jersey. They are a bit pricey ($40.00) but they cover just about everything on the car including the wiring and other electrical equipment. Good luck!