Interior of a 1955 Buick Century

ThomasBorchers

Hello you all.<BR>I can buy a 1955 Buick Century 2d HT. The seats are all artificial leather. I am not sure if this is correct for this car. I know the version that the seats had a combination of fabric and leather. Was there all leather (imitation) seats available for this car? Are there any photos online where I can see how it looks correct?<BR>Thanks for your help.<P>Tom

Hi Tom, I got the same beast..mine is vinyl/cloth...that straw stuff that breaks apart...used in the inserts...As I recall the Roadmaster was an all leather rig. Are you in need of any goodies as I have some...drop me an E @ dlw29@hotmail.com<P> Also know of several 55's in a local yard awaiting me Tuesday smile.gif" border="0<P> Thanks, don55

Skyking, Don.<BR>Thanks for your help, you two.<BR>Well it seems that nobody knows what was original at this car. I have seen a 1955 Century station wagon which had all vinyl. Inserts also. Saw also normal Century with fabric inserts. So I am confused.gif" border="0 what is correct and what not. Sure is: As Convertible there was genuine leather available.<P>Tom

Hello Thomas<BR>The 55 Century 2 door hardtop 66R had vinyl seats with fabric inserts. Some BCA members who are regulars on this forum have a book of samples of the correct colors of vinyl and fabric for all 55's. Hopefully some will contact you with this information and maybe some digital photos.<BR>I have 3 55's but not this model. If the price is right buy the car and enjoy it as is or restore after more research. Any other questions or problems I would be glad to help.<BR>Willie

Hello Willie.<BR>Thanks for the information. Well, it is not so bad if the car has a all venyl interior if it is a good work. Just wanted to know if it is correct or not.<BR>Some years ago I owened a 1958 Impala which had not the original fabric inside. But this looked much better than the original. <BR>The Century stands in Sweden. I am waiting for some photos of a car and if they are ok I will have a look at the car.<P>Tom

Guest scott mich bca # 6619

Thomas,<P>Willie knew I had this book!<P>I have one of the original 1955 Buick Body Color, Interior Fabric, and Trim Materials Book.<P>If you tell me the trim code number from the firewall cowl plate, I can tell you exactly which interior you should have.<P>Listed for the Century are:<BR>Model 66C is all Leather.<BR>Including trim codes 22, 23, 24, 25, & 28<P>Model 61: <BR>Nylor seats, and cordoveen bolster material.<BR>including trim codes: 60 & 61<P>Model 66R:<BR>Same as above.<BR>Trim codes 62 thru 65<P>Model 63:<BR>same as above, trim nos. 66-69<P>Each trim code represents a certain color. Let me know which trim code you have, and I'll look up the color for you.<P>Scott Mich<BR>Assistant Director,<BR>Chicagoland Chapter<BR>1955-76C<BR>1959 Olds SS-88

Tom, I too knew Scott has this book....he is a very good guy to talk to...as are all I have dealt with here...Willie and Scott both get 2 thumbs up from me...If this car is sound and drivable, or needing little to make it so....get the car...you won't regret it. I brought mine out of a 25 plus year slumber....has a couple bugs to work out on the mechanics, but what a blast to drive and the looks....My car needs paint and body work, but still lotsa rubberneckers as i was going down the road!!!<BR> Did I mention the looks you get..... smile.gif" border="0<P><BR> Hope all turns out well smile.gif" border="0<P> don55

Hi Tom, As you have described the interior colors...this is a dead ringer of what I have out back!!!betcha dime to dollars the trim code is 462!!!!<BR> While we are talking interiors...I have a seat from another 55 I parted...both this car and mine have seat covers over the original....Not those cheap and cheesy things you get nowadays....these are both from the 60's or early 70's...Tight fitting and so durable!!!! The seats in my 55...I have no idea what lurks under them as i won't pull them off till it gets redone in original mat'l but from the bit I have seen, its pretty good, but inserts are seperated as usual....<P><BR> Go get that bad boy smile.gif" border="0)<P> don55

Hi Tom, I happen to be cruising thru here...heres the info...the body no. is the 579th body built at the particular plant in which the car was built....an early production unit as is mine.<BR> SCC...the color is from the top down(some were tri-color...pretty rare.<BR> S= Cherokee Red<BR> C= Cameo Beige<BR> C= Cameo Beige<P> In a nut shell, this car is/was a red top and a beige bottom(from hood,trunk,door top down)<P> As to the trim, thats easy(at least for me smile.gif" border="0 ) Its what called charcoal and red...the red & gray interior as I have parked out back...got to peeking at part of my orig. upholstery...I am only gonna need inserts redone...YEE HAW!!! Orig. mat'l in good shape, but want it all to match.<P> Hope this helps you out Tom smile.gif" border="0<P> don55

Hi Tom, Just back from Buick hunting....found a 54 special conv., EXTREMLY rusty, but a conv. nonetheless smile.gif" border="0<P> Anyone in conv. land need anything??? or 54 goodies???

• 4 weeks later...