1954 Buick Wildcat

Guest John Chapman

Guest John Chapman

You'll have to have a larger file to have a usable larger picture. This one is thumbnail sized at 96 x 72 pixels and 2.8KB. <P>You can set the size of the picture in your graphics editing program. I'd recommend 72 dpi and size of 640 x 480 pixels. That should give you a file size of 60-70KB. When displayed in the browser here, it will look like the Apollo:<BR> <A HREF="http://www.aaca.org/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=2&t=002156" TARGET=_blank>http://www.aaca.org/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=2&t=002156</A> <P>JMC

I noticed in reading the information sheet on the car that it states it is supercharged. The person making out the card must have confused it with the XP-300 which is supercharged.The Wildcat II has 4 side draft carbs ( I believe they are the same as the ones used on the 53-54 Vette with the inline 6 ).The car was just refurbished by the Sloan Museum and it now is in running order. I worked on the carbs to synchronize them and in return was allowed to drive it into the building smile.gif" border="0

The Wildcat is obviously on a Corvette platform. This being true it would be very easy to build one with a repro Vette body as a starting point, anyone wanna give me about $ten grand so I can get started! grin.gif" border="0

Hey Joe, how the heck were you able to drive that Wildcat II? For me, it was difficult to get in and out of that car, and when I sat behind the steering wheel, it was very tight, as I recall. Also, the chrome on the top edge of the windshield was directly in my line of vision while I sat in the driver's seat.<BR>It was still a huge thrill to have the privilege of sitting in the Wildcat II, even though it doesn't have the roominess of a Roadmaster.<BR>What color was the Wildcat II when new? Wasn't it a bronze color years ago?<BR>Gary Klecka; BCA #1955

To the OLD GUY<P>Joe have you ever told what it was like to drive the First Buick V6 Pace car, or the Original Buick BUG. Some of the younger generation of Buick people might enjoy some <BR>old BCA National stories. I know we both have some really good ones from the first three or four Nats.<P>Jim Schilf / palbuick@aol.com

Guest john740

Many people who saw the WildcatII at the 2001 Nationals, remarked about the similarity to the Corvette. According to the Curator of the Sloan Museum, who was present when the car was moved in the building, there were two similar concept cars made at the time. GM wanted to experiment with resin bodies and comissioned Chevrolet and Buick Divisions to each build a resin body concept sports car. Ultimately, GM management felt that Buick should not have a performance image and gave Chevrolet the nod to produce the Corvette. If you look closly at the Wildcat II, many of the styling features showed up on production Buicks in later years.<BR>John Marriott