For Sale: 1962 Mercury Comet 2dr Sedan - $9,000 - Lynnwood, WA - Not Mine

58L-Y8

For Sale: 1962 Mercury Comet 2dr Sedan - $9,000 - Lynnwood, WA

1962 mercury comet for sale by owner - Lynnwood, WA - craigslist
Seller's Description:

This is a survivor car.... a grandma grocery getter and Sunday church chariot. I have proof in finding a church events calendar under the back seat among other very old tidbits. It was bought new by one Snohomish WA family from Bickford Ford in 1962. This was garage kept and the lady drove this until eventually her daughter took it away. It was sold to a guy from Granite Falls who rebuilt the engine and cleaned up the motor compartment. It still largely sat in his garage for many years. I bought it from him and completed the car project. I installed a new gas tank. The old one was rusty and was flooding the carb. I installed new carpet pad and new carpet. I had the front bench seat bottom reupholstered professionally with original matching fabric. I repaired the rear bumper and trunk lid as the old lady backed it into a pole. I also repaired the passenger door which had a dent. The car has no real rust issues anywhere. It has minor surface rust on a few scrapes in the original paint. The trunk is perfect, inside floor perfect, quarters perfect. The paint is all original except for my 2 repair areas so the car is a survivor and is in everyday survivor condition which is VERY good condition for 1962 or for any year. Everything works! The motor has very few miles on it. Both of us drove it sparingly. The body has 111,630 miles on it.
Copy and paste in your email: f86616efffbc3275a3bcce8d5b0c220a@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1962 Mercury Comet 2dr Sedan.

'62 Mercury Comet WA a.jpg

'62 Mercury Comet WA b.jpg

'62 Mercury Comet WA c.jpg

'62 Mercury Comet WA d.jpg

'62 Mercury Comet WA e.jpg

'62 Mercury Comet WA f.jpg

'62 Mercury Comet WA g.jpg

'62 Mercury Comet WA h.jpg

'62 Mercury Comet WA i.jpg

'62 Mercury Comet WA j.jpg

'62 Mercury Comet WA k.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rocketraider said:

Wonder which engine?

Bets are the old gal stayed with the 144, a 170 was $45.10 more.  She did spring for the automatic $171.70, radio $58.80, and back-up lights $10.70. 

Lincoln-Mercury dealers lived on Comet sales in those years, due to McNamera's decision to reduce Mercury to obviously dolled-up Ford status before he departed for the Pentagon.  One can imagine their dismay with the lackluster sales of full-sized Mercurys, watching in envy at the Pontiac dealers down the street selling Catalinas, Star Chiefs, Bonnevilles and Grand Prix's to drive Pontiac Division to third in sales.

• Like 2