2002 Chevrolet Z28 Emmission Control Parts

Michael L West

I need to locate two GM emmission control parts--12563355 Valve assembly Secondary air injection shuttoff and 1997272 Solenoid Assembly secondary air injection switch.  Both parts are discontinued and I have checked with Parts Geek, CARID, Classic Industries and Camaro Central.  Does anyone know a source who might have these New Old Stock components?  The Car is a 2002 Chevrolet Camaro SS.  I am an AACA member.  Have already gone down a rabbit hole replacing emmission control parts to turn off a continous warning light.  Repair only lasted three months.  Need several parts to cure the code.  These two parts are the "unobtainem" that I am looking for.

Can anybody help?

Have you checked at a Chevy/GM dealer?

I found a emission solenoid/valve for my 1982 Chrysler Lebaron at the parts department of my local Chrysler dealer. I talked to the parts lady, gave her the part number, said I was in no hurry, but could she please check if she had time. 2 weeks later she called and said she found one at a dealership on the east coast and was I still interested? I said yes and I was made to prepay before it was ordered. Part was NOS and in a MOPAR box. 

Otherwise check out car-part.com for a used component. They may not the list the part specifically but if they seem to have parts that generally stay with a whole car (wiring harness, etc...) they may have the parts in their yard still on a car.

Replying to Paul H--I checked with Modern Auto.  They do have the part, but someone on staff found it on-line, and is holding it for a specific customer.

I found the part at FitinPart.sg, but am wary of ordering a US part from a supplier that is in Asia.  Reviews appear favorable, but, you never know if reliable.

9 minutes ago, Michael L West said:

Replying to Joe P.  I sent a detailed e-mail to car-part.com.  These components are tied to the secondary air injection pump.  They might be available, and it's worth a try.

They have an on-line search engine that shows you specific wrecking yards and often photos of the car. I had to find one year only headlights for my 1988 Olds Firenza wagon and I was able to get them that way.