For Sale: 1972 Mercury Marquis Brougham 4dr Sedan, 15k miles - $11,500 - Savannah, NY - Not Mine

For Sale: 1972 Mercury Marquis Brougham 4dr Sedan, 15k miles - $11,500 - Savannah, NY

1972 Mercury Marquis Brougham for sale by owner - Savannah, NY - craigslist
Seller's Description:

Looking for a turnkey, affordable, gorgeous family cruiser, that needs nothing, this is it. Incredible survivor car with 15k miles. Still has 1977 stickers on the windshield. I am the third owner. I've driven the car for two years, clean registration in my name. Time to pass it on to a new owner. 429, cold air, new tires, shocks, exhaust, fuel pump, alternator. Have driven to Syracuse Nationals for two years, just enjoyable and fun. Build sheet, car cover and shop manuals included. Asking $11,500 neg. odometer: 15,310.
Copy and paste in your email: 7ef164c25e8238219221d9d6cd3531d6@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1972 Mercury Marquis Brougham 4dr Sedan.

'72 Mercury Marquis Brougham NY a.jpg

'72 Mercury Marquis Brougham NY b.jpg

'72 Mercury Marquis Brougham NY c.jpg

'72 Mercury Marquis Brougham NY d.jpg

'72 Mercury Marquis Brougham NY e.jpg

'72 Mercury Marquis Brougham NY ea.jpg

'72 Mercury Marquis Brougham NY f.jpg

'72 Mercury Marquis Brougham NY g.jpg

'72 Mercury Marquis Brougham NY h.jpg

• Like 2

16 hours ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

That's an excellent find, Steve, and thank you

for posting it.  I like it when these seldom-seen

models pop up for sale, especially when they're

in such fine condition.  You must really be

beating the bushes for these occasional findings!

John:

It's easy, just pick a city or town, Craigslist Car & Trucks, set the search for only the owner offered (dealers can do their own promotion), years to search 1900 to 1990.   Scan the list, ignore the highly popular makes that are constantly for sale, ignore the obviously overpriced which are many and frequently modified/street rods.   The combination of infrequently advertised makes, ones known to be low/lower production models, lower mileage for their age and what suggest a reasonable price: jackpot!  Toughest to find are the lower-mileage, ordinary four door models of popular makes, the typical family sedans of their era.  This hunt is to highlight the largely ignored and overlooked, bring those to the attention of potential new owners.  These overlooked cars really make an old car show far more interesting than a concentration of the highly popular few makes and models that populate cruise nights. 

I have to admit, I don't know the 1960's-;70's performance cars so leave those who do.  Manual shift cars, especially with overdrive, are sought because they became a smaller percentage of all sales into the 1960's.  The anomalous combination of full-sized, medium-priced makes with manual shift are also fun to find, oddities in their time, more so now.  This is how the process works, glad you enjoy it, so do I.

Steve

Addendum: To continue the search with your parameters, just change the town in the upper lefthand window to another in the region, move across an area changing the towns.

Edited by 58L-Y8
addendum comments (see edit history)
  • Thanks 5