39 Century Front wheel hub assembly help

C-Lamb

Finally putting my front end together. Thought it would be a 4 week break back in Jan 2023,but more like 18months in the end so I forgot more than planned...

Looked on line for diagrams and pics and haven't found it, even ordered master parts catalog hoping for a diagram...  

Question-where does this metal shield go? Can't see it in my pictured and I can't see how to avoid problematic interference with the cylinder.   I must be missing something stupid.

Thanks!20240720_163229_001.jpg.c0dd899352b31382dc81ca028b076e58.jpg

Edited by C-Lamb (see edit history)

• C-Lamb changed the title to 39 Century Front wheel hub assembly help

After a car has been apart for many years anybody can make a mistake. This site is a collaboration of people that have made many mistakes themselves.

Thanks

Leif 

• Like 1

There is a dust seal that goes underneath the tin plate. Bobs Automobilia sells theMm I’ll attach the page if his catalog. 

33A1A387-7406-4EEF-9585-E834375F76D2.png

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks everyone, been busy and don't get email notifications... gotta fix that.  Really appreciate all the responses. I eventually noticed I had a good picture of the front wheel assembly and realized it was upside down. 

I have the felt dust shields but they're a bit rough, I should order replacements!

One more question - I have several of these washers.  I believe at least one goes on the bolt holding the lower control arm to spindle assembly - do both go there or somewhere else?  

Getting the springs compressed and the spindle bolted in has been a real challenge.  I bought an inner spring compressor but the plates that slide in are too thick to fit between the spring layers 

Thanks again for all the help.. 

Chris 

20240807_204501.jpg