For Sale: 1954 Packard Caribbean Convertible - $53,000 - City of Kawartha Lakes, Ontario, CN - Not Mine

For Sale: 1954 Packard Caribbean Convertible - $53,000 - City of Kawartha Lakes, Ontario, CN

1954 PACKARD CARIBBEAN for sale by owner - Trent Lakes, ON - craigslist
Seller's Description:

The Packard Caribbean is a full-sized luxury car that was made by the Packard Motor Car Company of Detroit, Michigan, for 4 model years (1953 -1956) and available only as a convertible for the first three years (1953 – 1955) The image of Packard automobiles during the early 1950s was "perceived as stodgy and old-fashioned’. The Caribbean was introduced for the 1953 model year as "Packard's sportiest car with custom touches transforming it into a line-topping stunner.  A total of 400 Caribbeans were produced for the model year, making 1954 the rarest year for the Caribbean. The 359-cubic-inch flat-head straight-eight engine and is paired with the Ultramatic Drive transmission.  Repainted in the original colours of Polaris Blue & Ivory with the matching two-tone interior.  This Packard has been with its current owner since 1999 and driven with great pride of ownership.
Contact: APPOINTMENTS RECOMMENDED - Julia Percy (705) 738-2886 Dealer. 
Copy and paste in your email: ffeacec0228b3dd49a0669e2752888d6@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1954 Packard Caribbean Convertible.

'54 Packard Caribbean ON CN a.jpg

'54 Packard Caribbean ON CN b.jpg

'54 Packard Caribbean ON CN c.jpg

'54 Packard Caribbean ON CN d.jpg

'54 Packard Caribbean ON CN e.jpg

'54 Packard Caribbean ON CN f.jpg

'54 Packard Caribbean ON CN g.jpg

'54 Packard Caribbean ON CN h.jpg

'54 Packard Caribbean ON CN i.jpg

'54 Packard Caribbean ON CN j.jpg

'54 Packard Caribbean ON CN k.jpg

'54 Packard Caribbean ON CN l.jpg

'54 Packard Caribbean ON CN m.jpg

'54 Packard Caribbean ON CN n.jpg

• Like 2

Provided it's really as nice as it appears,$38,732. in USD seems like a good price. The dealer might even have some wiggle room, depending.

Hagerty Valuation:

#1 Concours condition  $95,400
#2 Excellent condition  $87,400
#3 Good condition  $61,400
#4 Fair condition  $29,4000

Edited by Dave Wells (see edit history)
  • Like 1

54 brings a premium over 53 because of the big engine.  I've driven both and you notice.   I agree the price is not stupid assuming the car is decent in person.   My dad had 5 different Caribbeans over the years.    All the 53/54 Halo cars are the nads.

IMG_0738.jpg

• Like 3

On a related note Packard's Packard in Rutland Mass had an open house on Sunday and a 54 he restored perfectly was on display.  I would not doubt it is the nicest one in the world.

IMG_5183(1).jpg

IMG_5182.jpg

IMG_5181.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, Crusty Trucker said:

I don't mind the continental kit on this car as it seems less intrusive to me than on most other cars. Adding a chrome cormorant to the hood would be controversial, but might just work.

It IS a Packard, you know.

image.jpeg.5a32c41e3b52be732cfe7494dd8518ed.jpeg

Bad idea.    The reason the rear mounted spare works is because the stock convertible was heavy modified by Mitchell-Bentley Corporation and the rear quarters were lengthened something like 6 or 7 inches over stock which integrates the back end.

• Like 1

Back in the early '60's, Jack Passey had a metallic green '53 Caribbean for sale at a swap meet in the SF Bay Area for under $1000, probably less, but my memory is not that sharp any more. Naturally it was just a used car at the time, not a restored show piece, and little interest was generated. He certainly had an eye for "classics", and was ahead of his time in his wide appreciation of them.

• Like 1