1950 Buick 75R ad photo

Posted (edited)

Good afternoon gents.  I'm in the process of designing a new tattoo for myself which uses the 1950 Buick 76R from the original ads.  The photo I found online is of poor quality but it was good enough to design the tattoo.  I've attached the design here for reference.  Does anyone have a better copy of this photo of the 50 75R?  I'd like to send it to my artist so he can prep everything.

revised design.jpg

Edited by 60s GM Fan (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 60s GM Fan changed the title to 1950 Buick 75R ad photo

Quite a few years ago I was leaning on the back of a pickup talking with two friends. One was wearing a t-shirt with a big Cadillac crest tattooed on his upper arm. The other friend complemented him on it and asked how long ago  it was done. Then the questioner rolled up his sleeve and flashed a Pierce-Arrow logo. "Should have seen my wife when I came home with this!" he said.

I stood there as the incredible un-tattooed man. But close, As a sailor my ship had the duty of one of the recovery ships in the Pacific for the Apollo 8 shot. After the mission we steamed over to Pear Harbor. Three of us headed off to to the tattoo shop on Hotel Street, Honolulu. Being early in the day the tattoo shop was closed but the bar across the street was open. Priorities being what they were we never did get back to that tattoo shop. Leaving me the future odd man on the pickup.

Just a little memory to share. Grimy will smile.

• Haha 4