Iola WI Car Show/Swap Meet o

I’m planning on going to the Iola WI swap meet July 11-14 and was wondering what to expect. I’ve got a 24/45 Buick Touring car I’m restoring and hope to see a restored one at the show. I’ve also heard that the swap meet is very big I’m hoping to find a few parts for my Buick. Does anyone have any experience with this show.

The show and swap area are huge.  I've gone a few times and had swap spaces a couple of times.  

It's big, wear comfortable shoes, a good hat, sun screen and bring a few bottles of water.  I take a couple of frozen bottles so at the end of the day I have some cold water left.  You can find some good stuff but you'll have to take your time, you should consider planning on going two days.  I've done it in one day every time I have gone but I got worn out and just wanted to be done.  

• Like 2

Just an FYI: The IOLA show isn't held on Sunday, the 14th...only Thursday through Saturday. The swap meet area has the least spectator traffic on Thursday. So, that's the best day to make good time working your way through the nearly 4,000 vending spaces. The most show cars will be present on Saturday. IOLA, like many car events these days isn't big on pre-war show vehicles. So, chances are very slim that you'll see a BUICK of your mid-1920's vintage. 

Bob's advice in his post above is all good. I'd only add that getting a hotel room in the area is usually tight, assuming you need one. You will have a ball at IOLA. I'm glad you're thinking about attending. John (an IOLA attendee for more decades than I care to count!)

• Like 1

On 6/28/2024 at 7:39 AM, Ben Bruce aka First Born said:

Bob, I just visited your website!     Long time , no update?

Good stuff.

Ben

Yeah, I kind of fell away from updating the site.  I haven't done much on the '37 Special for some time.  Family, finances and other things get in the way.

• Like 1