1955 Roadmaster - Replacement Headliner Tack Strips

Lots going on here with the car so multiple posts will be coming soon on different subjects. I was planning to put the front and back windshields in but pause now because I think I should install the new headliner that will be more difficult with the windshields in. The tack strip is not very pliable - seems brittle/petrified. Has anyone found a source for replacement tack strips that the edges of the headliner will need to be stapled too? Thanks.   

Just a tip: I know they are called tack strips but I have had good luck using a light weigh quality staple gun and staples.

Last year I replaced the Hide-Em strip over the back window of my convertible using a nice cordless rechargeable stapler. That was a new thing, the old manual staplers have worked well in the past.

• Like 1

Thanks, 60FlatTop. I plan to use staples which is why I needed to replace the petrified strips that were hardened. I plan to use the Bob Drake rubber version. I've order two different sizes/thicknesses since the front and back windshield area was 1/8 (want to avoid interfering with the windshield lip seal area) and the side window areas are 3/8.   

• Thanks 1