Need some feedback on Peter Helck Prints

These are not Automotive, but still some neat Helck prints.

I've had these on my "Clean room" wall in the garage for 25 years.

They are about the same condition they were when stapled up.

I did a little googling and it seems the originals are in a museum , and these were sold in sets or Indvidual, sometime around 1947.

I'm moving out a lot of items so the family doesn't have to.

I'm trying to set a value, if any, to folks familiar with Helck's work.
 I realize the condition is not on par with " Collector" value.

Online prices seem to be way to high.

Size is 16  1/2 x 21 1/2"

Any feedback on value and appeal to Automotive print collectors?

Thanks for your help

Roy

DSCN0892.JPG

DSCN0893.JPG

DSCN0895.JPG

DSCN0896.JPG

Edited by roysboystoys (see edit history)

Peter Helk's most valuable work is automotive.  Original art leads the pack in terms of value and many of his complete works as well as even sketches are available through galleries, at auction, or even via internet sales (evil-bay). I have seen originals available for sale in the Hershey swap meet. 

Signed prints are also available and can be valuable depending of subject matter and condition. 

Over the years, "collections" of some of his artwork have been reproduced and sold as "sets."  Esquire Magazine for one, sold them.  I believe there were some automotive publications that sold sold "sets."    A complete volume of these prints in mint condition might bring $100 or more. 

Many unsigned prints have been removed from books (e.g. "The Checkered Flag") and framed.  Single prints can be purchased for as little as $25 even nicely matted and framed.    Complete packaged sets are more difficult to find as the intent was to frame the prints individually.  Those individual prints are quite common .  They decorated many dens, garages and "man-caves."

Your prints are non-automotive so in my estimation, appeal is limited.  Condition is another factor.  It seems the borders have yellowed.  I also notice some foxing in light colored areas.  Rusty staple holes detract significantly from their value, even though framing them with a nice mat will hide that damage. To remove the staining would require professional help and the cost would far exceed their value.

In my opinion as a collector of automobilia their value is on the very low end of the spectrum.  Perhaps framed and matted, they might sell in the $25 area.  You might find nice frames in thrift store for a few dollars rather than spending a lot to have them professionally done.  Frames and matting would greatly enhance them.

Hope this helps.

Terry

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/17/2024 at 1:57 PM, roysboystoys said:

'll leave them on the wall. And continue to enjoy his talent.

Smart move.  Framing would cost more than their value.