Vintage buick trim parts. Still in packaging

jrscars

Google not being friendly with identifying these numbers. Maybe someone is looking these or has an old catalog. Some numbers from what I can read:

All are for sale preferred as a lot. Offers welcome. Will ship. Thanks!IMG_4500.jpeg.6438bc4bc13c3abafb6e01b181e14934.jpeg

IMG_4508.jpeg

IMG_4509.jpeg

Is your 225172, perhaps an upper grille louver, right hand for:

1951-52 Hudson

1953 Hudson Wasp, Super Wasp & Hornet?

Opposite of #28 in illustration.

Joe

225172.jpg

• Like 1

Possibly. The collection this came

from didn't have a Hudson to my knowledge. I'm not sure I want to open it as it's factory sealed. Here is a picture of the other end of it- it was sent to a Buick dealer in rural Nevada. Maybe they had a Hudson Franchise... 

IMG_4511.jpeg

Wow! The things I learn. I've been in the OEM auto parts business in Reno for 20 years and am involved in the local classic car scene and I never

knew the name of the Hudson dealer. 

I'll see if I can get that box open with minimal packaging compromise as

I believe parts should be used to keep these cars around 

if these were my parts I would carefully open the packaging to verify the contents and condition. They're probably fine but there's always the chance that over the years something was dropped, had something fall on it, was stepped on, etc. And you can take nice comprehensive pictures of both the packaging and the contents too. IMO there will be more interest if the buyers can see the shiny new parts inside. Then put the part back in the original wrapping and package it well for shipping. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/11/2024 at 12:29 AM, Leif Holmberg said:

1950-1953 parts.

Leif,

Thank you as always. If my memory is correct-  I remember you purchased some parts from me from my Grandfather's collection about 16 or so years ago. My name on here at that time was oldpartskid. 

jrscars.Years ago I bought a lot of parts from US for my 1920.s Buicks as well as for my 1956 Roadmaster Convertible or to my 1956 Buick Safir that have a lot of  parts from other cars! (built on a 1956 4 dr.Special in 1962-1963 in the noth of Sweden.)

a 008.JPG

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/11/2024 at 12:53 PM, Ornge said:

Is your 225172, perhaps an upper grille louver, right hand for:

1951-52 Hudson

1953 Hudson Wasp, Super Wasp & Hornet?

Opposite of #28 in illustration.

Joe

225172.jpg

It sure looks that way. Finally got around to taking it carefully out of the box.

IMG_0218.jpeg

IMG_0222.jpeg

IMG_0221.jpeg

IMG_0224.jpeg

• Like 1