What do boat people know that car guys don't?

On 5/31/2024 at 10:50 AM, JACK M said:

What do boat people know that car guys don't?

Well, After 25 years of owning a boat dealership I can tell you that most boat guys think they know more about boats and boating than myself or any of my employees. So if you ask that question to a boat guy, he will tell you that he knows everything.

The new guys were a bit better. But I would guess I only took a serious buyer for a river test about one in ten sales. And all of them got the offer.

I have heard the same holds true between the veterinarian and the farmer. Especially the farmer who comes over to a neighboring farm that is having medical issues with one particular type of stock and thinks he knows better than a trained veterinarian surgeon. 

• Thanks 1

Another cool thing about my print shop guy is that he has everything I have ever had him do saved on his computer.

He has sponsored all of my race car graphics for many years. (so, makes up logos and such for several sponsors as well as his own)

I don't do wraps like some of the guys I race with, I just paint em white and have the vinyl made up.

56 SS 019.jpg

Mr Natural.jpeg

• Like 1