1944 Chev pickup

I've been told that my Chev pickup (1944) was a army ammo truck? Chassis # 9BL40. Also has a number in the bottom right corner of the ID tag of 2396. Another number above the Chassis phrase of 2 5727. Roughly in the middle of the ID plate is the number 58. Any help would be appreciated.

I can't add a whole lot, the 9 is the plant where it was built, Norwalk, Ohio. The B could be the model type, and the L could be the year; some of the other numbers could be the sequential build number, and some could be for the government. Some vehicles were being built during the war, especially trucks, and were for the war effort. A few years ago I heard of a 1943 Chevy truck, a farmer had a contract to sell eggs to the government and needed a new vehicle to transport them, so he was approved to get the needed truck.

Interesting, and there a lot more of these stories out there.

I have a 1943 southbend 16” turret lathe. Same issue. South bend was only selling lathes at that time for the war effort and companies had to prove they had contracts with the government..