1949 Plymouth special deluxe - $6,000

Looks like a great car to be a "first classic" ....

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/d/emeryville-1949-plymouth-special-deluxe/7745062870.html

I had planned a more lengthy restoration, but a move is forcing the sale of my very-complete, clean-titled, 1949 Plymouth Special Deluxe club coupe. It has a flat-head Chrysler 318 straight 6 and three speed manual transmission. It runs, drives and stops like a champ. Currently fully registered and valid until May of '25.
It's not going to win any concours awards, but it's a cool, drivable classic that garners a lot of smiles and attention. It does have some rust and could someday use a new floor pan. (Someone before me successfully patched it, albeit not super professionally).
New parts:
- Remanufactured carburetor (not just rebuilt)
- New fuel pump
- New 6v battery
- New aluminum radiator
- New gas cap
- Fuel system flush
- Fresh oil change/filter
- Brake master cylinder rebuild
- New front/rear brake hoses
- New brake cylinders and shoes
- New rear brake hard lines

Needs:
- Rear window seal (I have the parts)
- Pinion seal (I have the parts)
- Driveshaft u-joint boots (I have the parts)
- New fuel level sender

email: 815c10a1107f39b9b88fba730ae1e521@sale.craigslist.org

1949 Plymouth special deluxe 101515_XecPFyCnu1_0ft0bC_600x450.jpg00y0y_ke9F4i36BU5_0ft0bC_600x450.jpg01515_8H7QrOVM65r_0ft0bC_600x450.jpg01515_acvGsqgpsGV_0ft0bC_600x450.jpg

1 hour ago, Leif in Calif said:

Looks like a great car to be a "first classic" ....

That WAS my first small "c" classic.   My dad either had a sense of humor or wanted something I wouldn't kill myself in.  I think a little of both.  Except mine had 9k original miles on it when I got it and 25k 2 brothers later when we sold it for 1500 bucks.  Have never had the slightest urge to get another.   Although sometimes the 49-51 Wayfarer Roadster sneaks in to my head.

• Like 3