Boyce Motometer Lamp to Illuminate Radiator Motometer for Night Driving

Posted (edited)

The only one of these I've ever seen is in old Boyce Literature. The 2 side jewels are cut/bevel. The center clear jewel is ground as a lens to shoot a beam of light at the Motometer for night illumination. Great piece of 20's-30's Cars. Came from Estate of 96 year old collector. All bulbs light up. Should clean up nicely. $375.00 or near offer  shipped in the lower 48 states. Thanks  for looking. PM with any questions

IMG_0782.JPG

IMG_0778.JPG

IMG_0779.JPG

IMG_0780.JPG

IMG_0781.JPG

IMG_0783.JPG

IMG_0784.JPG

Edited by bullrun
typo (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• bullrun changed the title to Boyce Motometer Lamp to Illuminate Radiator Motometer for Night Driving

Wow, that is neat! Also the way overused word "rare" would apply here! In my over fifty years in this hobby, with a passion for brass era and 1920s automobiles, I have only seen a handful of these in all those years. Also, I have for over fifty years closely studied era photographs. These do occasionally show up in era photographs, but not often!

I wish I could afford it, but I cannot. It would look great on anybody's display shelf! Or on any late nickel era fine car! That would be a hit at any tour with the nickel era group I hang around with!

If I ever have time to finish restoring my 1927 Paige 6-45 sedan? That would be perfect on it. The wreath around the top of this is an almost perfect match to the original Paige radiator cap!

Someone hopefully will get and appreciate a fine original accessory!