42-48(?) gravel guard mounting with fender skirts. (Special, Century and Limiteds)

drhach

Hi all, I posted this in my thread about my car in "Me and My Buick", but I'm casting a wider net. I have a set of fender skirts and gravel guards for my 42 Special. My understanding from the parts book is these span multiple years (I think to 48). Anyway, these are the guards with the stainless trim pieces on them and I can't for the life of me figure how they mount. I know the typical rubber pieces have a tab that bends over once you put them in their slots. But these have holes in them. The parts books haven't really helped much either. I was hoping for a picture of the right fasteners or clips. But nothing. 

This is the back of the piece with the body-colored top piece. The top piece has the typical tabs, but nothing on the lower part. 

20240425_175833.jpg

This is the back of the body-colored piece, you can see the tabs like the non-skirt guards. 

20240425_175823.jpg

This is the front, those four holes are what i'm wondering about as well as the stainless trim that covers them. Could these just clip in with trim clips? There are corresponding holes in the fenders. 

20240425_175809.jpg

You can see in this picture (not my car) how they are oriented when installed. 

35614652-1942-buick-century-std-696x391.jpg

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan 

Edited by drhach (see edit history)

• drhach changed the title to 42-48(?) gravel guard mounting with fender skirts. (Special, Century and Limiteds)

I have no direct experience with your concern, but it sure looks like the stainless trim clip doubles up as gravel guard holders.  

I was wondering about that too but was hoping someone could give their direct knowledge on the matter. Given how hard they are to find/replace I'm very worried about losing them. 

Some one with experience would be much better for this instance.  Do you belong to the Buick Club of America?  If so check their online roster for other 42 owners and reach out directly to the owners.