1928 Buick wheels - trying to figure out value

Hello all.

My dad years ago picked up a set of Buick wheels off of a job. They are taking up space that we don't have and we would like to get rid of them. Trying to get an idea of how much they're worth. They are 1928 wheels I believe. They are 24" and if I remember correctly had 34" tires on them. Which I'm guessing was probably the only size you could put on them at the time.

The wheels are totally rusty but solid, no rust holes in them. They are straight and not bent. The wood spokes have some cracks in them, but are also solid. They don't have any rot. The axle doesn't look original or looks like it was shortened some how. It has a joint in the middle and looks way too narrow for a car.

You can find pictures here.

Thanks for any help. 

Edited by briwayjones (see edit history)

1) Measure the distance around the area where the bead of the tire goes.  69 1/2" is a 22" rim.  

Take this distance and divide it by 3.14    That is the diameter.

2) Then measure the maximum width of this rim.  

3) See where this falls in the chart.  A 24" rim that is 4" wide is a 1923 or 1924 wheel.  1928 rims are 21".  

The axle is useless.  Get rid of that first and at least you only have two wheels to store in a small space until sold.   No front brakes on 1923 Buicks, so likely that is what they are from.     Hugh

IMG_371022inchis69.5circumfrence.JPG.f5576819d7d5cff2e1d875ebd40f90d0.JPG

BuickRimData2.JPG.de132b598d5acdefcac5bb392400484c.JPG