Found rear tub for my 1920

When I got my 1920 someone along the way had started grafting on the wrong rear touring section onto it. The were trying to fit a 15-18 type. The doors close but nothing else matched up, it being a couple of inches narrower and lower, so anyway, found a rear tub at the Portland Swap Meet today. The guy said it was the 22. The openings for the doors are curved at the bottom so should fit the 20. The area under the doors is messed up, has the required bullet holes and is missing the seat riser but other than that, metal looks solid so something to work with. Happy to pay the $50! 🙂 Can anyone post a photo or two of the rear seat riser for the 1919 to 23 touring, that would be helpful to see what is missing.

DSCF0105.JPG

DSCF0106.JPG

DSCF0107.JPG

DSCF0108.JPG

DSCF0110.JPG

• Like 1

Hi Saw this last night. I have a 1921 Touring and mine was missing the back half. Someone threw a 1918 rear tub on it cut of course and bolted it on the frame. Took me 20 some odd years to find a back half. Mine cost $400.00 for a complete wreck frame and body. Sawed off the rear half I needed and gave away the rest. I bolted the front of the car to the frame and bolted the rear half to the frame. I had to locate the pieces that are under the the rear doors and am in the process of fitting them in. The bolt holes in the body are not exact so you have room to wiggle it a bit. i hung the right rear door on the rear tub and gave myself about 1/8 of an inch clearance to close so that will work. But my left rear door I need to tweek the opening open more somehow as the door does not fit well. Was hoping someone could give me measurements with rear doors open front to back. I have the rear tub aligned correctly as the rear fenders and splash aprons depend on correct spacing. I am trying to figure out my restitching job at the moment as you will need to do.

• Like 2

Once I get the area below the doors somewhat worked out, will be doing about the same thing, mounting than going from there. 

• Like 1

I solicided info from other members with this year Dodge. Engine is snuggled right up to firewall and body bolt holes are a bit elongated so I fit up front fenders to be sure they were in the correct position. Front fenders have to bolt down to the running board irons sticking out on each side.. Then I put bolts along each side to the end of the front tub where the body was cut off to make a pickup bed. I then bolted the rear tub up nice and square to the rear most holes in the tub down to the frame. I installed the rear fenders to be sure they were hung correctly and mated to the rear most running board irons. Then I quickly mounted the side splash  aprons to be sure they will connect up.. Snugged them up too. Hung the rear doors and as I said right rear Door fits well in the opening but the damn left rear doors is wonky a bit. Pinched at the top.maybe I can loosen the hinges of the door and fudge it in.. I measured both sides of the front and rear tubs to a predetermined location To be sure everything is square on the frame. Very tedious work so going slow as I do not want to butcher those lower body pieces that are hard to find. Thanks. If you get any measurements on rear door openings would like to see how close I am before I cut things up.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Buzz68 said:

Mark

Send me a message here or on Facebook I share pics off my 20 

Bob you should have my email address. Thanks for the offer. If you can post here that would be great or send to my email. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/8/2024 at 4:56 PM, Don Jr. said:

I solicided info from other members with this year Dodge. Engine is snuggled right up to firewall and body bolt holes are a bit elongated so I fit up front fenders to be sure they were in the correct position. Front fenders have to bolt down to the running board irons sticking out on each side.. Then I put bolts along each side to the end of the front tub where the body was cut off to make a pickup bed. I then bolted the rear tub up nice and square to the rear most holes in the tub down to the frame. I installed the rear fenders to be sure they were hung correctly and mated to the rear most running board irons. Then I quickly mounted the side splash  aprons to be sure they will connect up.. Snugged them up too. Hung the rear doors and as I said right rear Door fits well in the opening but the damn left rear doors is wonky a bit. Pinched at the top.maybe I can loosen the hinges of the door and fudge it in.. I measured both sides of the front and rear tubs to a predetermined location To be sure everything is square on the frame. Very tedious work so going slow as I do not want to butcher those lower body pieces that are hard to find. Thanks. If you get any measurements on rear door openings would like to see how close I am before I cut things up.

:) as bad as things line up with the WRONG rear tub when it was installed, anything I do going forward has to be better even if it is off a little. The front tub seems to be in correct location, have not looked real close. If I work from it back, should be ok. As can be seen in the photos, the part under the doors on both sides are pretty messed up. I have not checked yet, but if the same area under the tub that is on the car now can be robbed and used, I will use them. 

Edited by Mark Gregush (see edit history)
  • Like 1