Anyone tow with a 3.5 EcoBoost Ford?

I'm looking to buy a class B camper van that will tow a small (3,500 lbs. GVW) trailer.  Some of the options I see have a Ford 350 chassis with a 3.5 EcoBoost and 5K tow rating. Does anyone have any experience with this powertrain setup? If so, has it been reliable and does it tow well?

Thanks

I have a 2013 f150 with a v6 ecoboost. It has plenty of power, I have towed a trailer with a car (04 gto), have pulled a case skidloader on occasion, and I have a 16' (not a 1916) box trailer that gets pulled once a week in the mowing season. It pulls the box trailer like nothing is there. I feel it has as much power as my old 5.? v8 that I had in my 06 f150. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We have a 2022 Ford Expedition XL with the V6 and twin turbos.  The truck weighs 6,000 lbs, easily hauls my tall 20 ft enclosed aluminum trailer (2500 lbs) and any of my antique cars.  We’ve driven from Mass. to Indiana with the loaded trailer. Normal mileage is 18-20 mpg, about 10-12 with the full trailer, depending on how hilly it is. 

Seeing what’s behind the trailer is tough. I need to get a video camera that mounts on the rear of the trailer. 

Edited by Gary_Ash (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had a 2020 F150 Super crew with the max tow package and 3.5L Ecoboost. It had plenty of power to tow, a decent mileage. I towed a 26' enclosed trailer without issue.

• Like 1

I should have added that my truck is also the twin turbo ecoboost 6. The mileage stinks! According to the computer I get just less than 16mpg on a daily basis. We were traveling a couple of hours each way on clear highway for a job and we averaged about 18 mpg. I had a v8 in my previous F150 and got the same mileage. I was concerned going from the 8 to the 6 as far as power and pulling was concerned but the 6 has just as much power. I just wish the economy reflected the smaller motor. I will add with tools on board we tip the scales at 7000lbs.