"Must read" article(s) about Buick engines...

FYI:"Hemmings Motor News" is featuring a two-part series about Buick engines. The July issue deals with Big Blocks; August issue will discuss small blocks. Be informed, get these issues for your reference!

yes, i got the article. too bad they have the TA guys working on the nailhead, since they are the 455 experts as of late. but other than that, a nice piece of work. cant wait for the next one, hopefully will include lots of info about the 215 !<P>allan

Hemmings has recently, over the past months, added some "editorial" and "article" features to their magazine. It is not a large section, as they started out just putting in review of different cars that were featured on the magazine cover - but I guess they have expanded it to also start discussing engines as well. I would suppose with Ebay, and so many buy/sell websites out there, they have felt the need to expand their magazine to keep the readers/buyers there.

yes. completely new magazine. it is published by hemmings, but is just like other car mags, glossy paper, color sections and color cover.<P>has been out for a few months. interesting mix of new and old, custom, restored, rods and muscle. not a bad mag.<P>allan

Guest COMPACTBC

Yes Kitno, next month will have lots of info on the 215 cu V8. I was contacted by the author for input for the article and I know for sure he also contacted Dan Lagrou of D&D Fabrications. I'm looking forward to see how the article and pictures turn out.<P>Bruce Andren, Compact Buick Club grin.gif" border="0

A very good article. It did not explain the necessity of the small valves, though, but did mention the more agressive cam specs necessary for the small valves engines to make power.<P>Only thing I saw that could be an error was the mention of the switch-pitch Turbo400 trans being used with engines past when the converters were all not switch-pitch.<P>The cutaway drawing they had of the nailhead looked like it should have been a Hemi, which would have been neat, but probably not cost effective for the GM accountants.<P>I'm waiting for the next issue of Hemmings Rods & Performance to appear . . .

<B>Only thing I saw that could be an error was the mention of the switch-pitch Turbo400 trans being used with engines past when the converters were all not switch-pitch.</B><P>I noticed that too. But I'm not going to tell the brand X guys about that error. tongue.gif" border="0<p>[ 07-05-2001: Message edited by: Straycat ]